North Dakota Babies
Options

On a Mission...

Since I only have one fallopian tube and ovary, I am wondering if I still ovulate every month or if I ovulate every other month.  So my mission is to figure it out.

So my question for you ladies, can I chart or will K's random wakings 1-2 times per night mess up the temps?  Or should I just buy the OPKs and see when/if I am ovulating?

Thoughts?

Re: On a Mission...

• Options

I think for charting to be accurate you have to get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I think most women still ovulate every month even with one ovary.  Typically it steps up and takes over the job of the missing ovary so it releases an egg every month instead of every other month.  I'm sure there are exceptions though.

• Options

I only have one functioning tube and I still ovulated every month.  I learned you definitely don't release an egg from one side one month, an egg from the other side the next.  I'd always thought this, but, it isn't true.

Jenelle has a really good explanation on one functioning tube, I hope she chimes in on this.

As for charting, if K is still up 1/2 x per night, you may want to hold off for a while.  You have to have either 3 or 4 hours (can't remember which) of uninterrupted sleep for charting to be considered accurate.  I'd wake up during the night, but never got out of bed.  I think the getting out of bed part would throw things off for you.

I'd say, if you want to know when you're ovulating, use OPK's.  They won't guarantee knowing when/if you ovulated, but, you'll know if you're gearing up to do so.  I have a good website to purchase internet cheapies if you want it.

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"