Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

low temps

I am just beginning to read TCOYF and I stumbled upon a small section that discussed low BBTs (below 97.0 pre-ovulation) and thyroid problems.  My temps have been anywhere from 96.3-96.8 (pre-ovulatory).  I didn't realize this could be a problem or that it was a very low temperature.  I will call the doctor if this trend continues, but does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this?  TIA!!  (I just tried to add a FF ticker so if it worked, my chart will be attached as well!)

Re: low temps

• Options
    Can't see your chart (maybe hasn't updated in your siggy yet), but hypothyroid is very easy to diagnose via routine bloodwork for your TSH levels.  If you are ovulating, that's great because you probably then are not PCOS, but getting your TSH level under 2.0 will be very important for getting pg and maintaining a healthy pg'cy.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

Thanks.  I just read about the change in "normal TSH" levels so I'm glad to know that less than 2 is important. 

Are temps this low common?  Does anyone know if this is associated with other problems?  I'm just wondering so I can be prepared to ask the right things when I'm at the doctor.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My temps are in the 96 range before O.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Click on my chart. My temps were in the same range pre-O. I still O'ed this cycle and my bloodwork came back fine (no thyroid issues). Everyone is different! I wouldn't worry about it
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'm sure you'll all get to know (or have already noticed) I'm a worrier!  I love the advice!
  • Options
    Yep its true.. I have Thyroid problems also, you can check out my chart and see the temps!! Its easy blood work... I'm on a really low low hormone, its just a small pill And i take it everyday!! Gl sweetie, Take the time and get it looked at.
  • Options
    The last time I had bloodwork for my thyroid done, was 2 years ago--it was all normal. I do have low temps though, I'm usually in the 96-97 range pre-o. I usually ovulate, although I have had 2 anov. cycles since the summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"