Northern California Babies
Options

how much does your toddler sleep?

just curious.  At 3 1/2 Jay still takes naps a few days out of the week.  But on days he naps he goes to bed super late.  On days he doesnt nap he goes to sleep between 8-8:30 and sleeps a full twelve hours usually.

What is a healthy amount of sleep for toddlers?  Does your LO still nap, if not what age did they stop?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"

Re: how much does your toddler sleep?

• Options

Max goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up anywhere between 7-8:30.

At home, he naps for about 2 hours in the early afternoon, and sometimes (amazingly) DH can get him to go down for an hour or 2 in the morning ALSO!

He's a champion sleeper, but we think he owes us after his rough start! LOL

• Options
    My 2 year old sleeps about 12 hours a day.  If he takes a nap longer than 1.5 hours during the day or after 3 pm, bedtime is way late and sometimes tough.  He needs to be good and tired to go to sleep. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Natalie goes to bed at 8:30 and wakes at about 7:30 and takes a nap from 1:30 to 4 most days.

On the weekends she stays up a little later and sleeps a little later.

• Options
    E goes to bed around 8:30 and wakes up around 6:30.  His naps are about 2 hours, but he'll miss a nap here and there (twice last week).  When he does that, he goes to bed earlier (8:00) and will usually make up for it with a longer nap the next day.
  • Options

2 year old 12-13 hours a day, still needs a nap everyday

4 year old 10-12 hours a day, just stopped taking naps 2 months ago, still does cat naps in the car. 

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Options

I'm in the same boat as you, if Emmy takes a nap she goes to bed late, but she does a decent nap every day.  She sleeps about 10.5 hours at night with a 1.5-2 hour nap so total about 12 hours a day.  She'll be 4 in November and I'm not going to try weaning her off of naps unless it becomes clear I should.  Though by next summer if she's not done napping we'll stop her then because she'll be starting kindergarten that fall.

• Options

Ryan is a pretty good sleeper - he naps about half the time but I have to put a  conscious effort into wearing his arse out.  lol

Now that it's dark earlier, his bedtime routine starts between 7:00 and 7:30 with him in bed by 8:00.  He sleep until about 7/8 the next morning.  He'll sometimes nap from 2:30/3:00 - 4:30 or so but we still start bedtime around the same time.  If daddy is doing bedtime, he doesn't actually get to sleep on those nights until about 9:00. 

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    My boys are older, but they stopped napping after they turned 3...maybe 3 yrs 3-4 months old? Anyway, when they did nap at that time, they'd go from going to bed at 8pm to 10-11pm. It drove me nuts to make my already long day longer (and they'd be up at about 6:30-7am). So we went back to quiet time and if they fell asleep, I woke them up after an hour (no more than that). It kind of helped with keeping bedtime from going too late but sometimes it backfired as well. Now, it's lights out at 8 (no later than 8:15pm) and hopefully they are asleep by 9pm. We're going through a bit of a rough spot and the boys most of the time get 10 hrs of sleep (anything less and they are in the worst moods!). 
  • Options

In bed at 7:30, asleep by 8/8:30 wakes 6:30 +/- 30 min. so on average gets about 10 hours/night. Still takes a 2-2.5 hour nap most days and I'm not looking forward to the end of naptime!

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"