Washington Babies

uneven swelling in feet during PG but low BP...???

So I posted a few days back about having random and sudden joint pain and then it progressed to all over pain along with swelling in my feet. I went to a doc about it and it was suspected (due to a slight fever I didn't know about) and irritated throat & ears that I was fighting a virus that manifested itself in joint pain. This, apparently, is not common but not unheard of.

So....ok. Fine. I've had my blood pressure taken twice in 2 days and its been low. 1st time it was 105/55 and the second time it was 112/65. Perfect....except, not my right foot is exceptionally swollen and my left is only slightly. Its notably different.

I've text my midwife a photo but she's in the middle of clinic (filling in for a very full practice) and she won't get it for at least an hour. Everything I read online says "uneven swelling when accompanied by elevated BP = pre-e" but I don't have elevated BP.

Furthermore, it says it can be a sign of a blood clot....

Any input?

I'm going to call my family doc after the lunch hour to chat about it too.

Re: uneven swelling in feet during PG but low BP...???

• Yikes!  I would definitely call your family doc to chat about since it sounds like you MW won't be able to see the picture for a little bit.  Have you check your BP today?  Maybe it has slowly risen?  I hope not - and that you just have this weird virus thing in your joints.  Let us know what happens.
    M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11
  • Definitely not a blood clot if you have some swelling in both feet.  And your BP is awesome so it can't be Pre-E.  Have you had enough fluids?  Is it possible that the virus that you were fighting possibly is affecting your kidneys or something and so you are suffering from some edema?  I would increase water right away, get your feet elevated over your heart, so basically on the back of a couch, etc.  And place that call to your Doc!
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Loading the player...
  • Ask them to do a PIH panel of blood work. My BP wasn't very high at all when I started getting pre eclampsia. If it rises for you it can be significant even if it still a "good" number.
  • Thank you all - the consensus is that I have a baby laying on one side of my body. I did ask about the panel and they said if its not gone or changed in the next two days, they'll run it on Monday.

Thank you so much!
  • Is that in the range of your typical bp? I think that low bp can also cause swelling bc w/o enough pressure your heart can't properly circulate blood and it collects places. But if they're not concered maybe you don't need to be either. Hope things go more smoothly for you now!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Yea, my BP runs really low regularly. I have a foot rub from the hubs on the docket for tonight - regardless if it helps or not ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"