Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Orlando Vacation - Need ideas

We are planning to travel to Orlando mid-November to visit with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.  We are looking for ideas of activities.  My DS will be 16 months old at the time of our trip.  My SIL and BIL aren't going to be any help, as they are just moving to the area from Turkey.  Other than going to Magic Kingdom, which I really want to do, what else would keep a 16 month old entertained?  My DS is very active, so he needs to be able to actually DO something.  Also, if you have done Magic Kingdom, help me convince my DH that there really are thing DS can do.  What rides/activities are there for someone that young?  I was thinking It's A Small World had lots to do, but it's been about 9 years since we have been and we weren't hitting that area up at the time.  TIA!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Orlando Vacation - Need ideas

• Options

Your DH will be very suprised at all the rides LO will be able to ride! We took DD to Magic Kingdom when she was 10 months old and she was able to ride almost everything with us, except for things like the roller coaster and water rides! She rode the teacups, Pinochio ride, Pirates of the Caribbean ride, etc!! There are a ton of things he will be able to do there! Have fun!!  We usually go every Apr/May and I am bummed since the next LO is due in Apr so we won't be making it there next year!!

• Options
    There will be plenty to do at Magic Kingdom for your LO. We are taking DD for the first time next month and I am really excited. I live in Orlando and I am trying to think what else you guys can do..Sea World is always fun, but I am having a hard time thinking of much else. We went to a dinner show one time called Dixie Stampede and its a big stadium and they have a whole show with horse tricks and music, plus they feed you but I don't know how a LO would do with all the noise and clapping, DD doesn't like that kind of stuff but some kids might. Its sad that I live here and can't think of anything fun to do but since I'm not visiting I never go to any of the attractions anymore lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We just got back from WDW with DD and she LOVED it.  A few of her favorites from MK:  The Enchanted Tiki Room, Dumbo, the Carasoul, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, and The Country Bear Jamboree.

I suggest doing the other Disney parks too.  DD LOVED the Nemo ride and the Living Seas pavillion at EPCOT.  She also, suprisingly, had a great time at the World Showcase because there was lots of space for her to run around, and ducks everywhere.

She loved EVERYTHING at Animal Kingdom.  There were two things she couldn't do (rollercoaster and Dinosaur ride) everything else was a huge hit.

She really liked all the shows at Hollywood Studios.  She  danced the entire time through Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid, and she loved the Playhouse Disney show.

Don' listen to anyone who says 1 year olds are too little to enjoy WDW.  They are wrong. lol.

• Options

We took DS to Disney at 13 months and we had a blast.  At magic kingdom he loved  Small World.  We didn't have a lot of time but i think Peter Pan, carrosal, the parades would have gone over well.  They had a Winnie the pooh climbing area with a slide that he LOVED - it was tiny but not crowded and we went on the slide a hundred times.  There also is another play area that looked great. 

We also loved Animal Kingdom.  Great rides - loved the bug show.  The big dig was awsome - I huge sand box play area.

Have fun :) 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  It sounds really fun.  I'm sure my DH will feel much more reassured now that he can see that so many other LOs enjoyed their time at Disney. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"