Attachment Parenting
Options

another pro-bf'ing ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyxh8RnuK3U

this was actually posted on another board i post on, as it seemed like a lot of people were really offended by it. I can see how " she'll be so much healthier" would be offensive to some, but otherwise i think it was  a great perspective to use.

I don't think breastfeeding will become accepted as the norm unless there is a generational change towards bf'ing as the initial choice and formula being more of a backup if you cannot for some reason or another.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: another pro-bf'ing ad

• Options

I definitely think breast feeding, or any parenting choice, is easier when you have family support.

I think if it becomes the norm within families then it spreads more easily. my mum BF all of us, so I didn't think anything of BF and had my mum and sister to ask for advice etc.

So I quite like the angle, but I find the whole ad painful to watch. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I think that is a great ad.  Michigan WIC is doing a pro-breastfeeding ad campaign here as well.  Some of the ads say "Slim Faster" but I saw one that said "Rocket Scientist."  It implies that breastfed babies are smarter...I'm not sure that is entirely appropriate. At least the "healthier" angle is more proven, if you know what I mean.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKateLouise:

I definitely think breast feeding, or any parenting choice, is easier when you have family support.

I think if it becomes the norm within families then it spreads more easily. my mum BF all of us, so I didn't think anything of BF and had my mum and sister to ask for advice etc.

So I quite like the angle, but I find the whole ad painful to watch. 

this

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"