Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Grrr. dinner battles. HELP!

Kate has taken to, every night at dinner, about 3 bites in, "sharing" her food with the dogs. I closed them out of the kitchen, but now she just throws it on the floor. It's super annoying.  I've been just saying "No throwing food" and taking her plate away, but then I worry that she's not getting enough to eat.

How do you deal with food throwing?
"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Re: Grrr. dinner battles. HELP!

• Options
    When DS starts throwing food on the floor, I take the food away. I figure when he gets really hungry, he'll eat the food rather than throw it. And in the meantime, he's not going to wither away. My parent's watch him while I'm at work and they handle it a little differently. They put a stuffed animal on his highchair tray and tell him to feed the teddy bear or whatever rather than the dogs. That way, the food at least stays on the tray.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MY dd does this too but to me its not worth the fight ...shes only having fun so i let her do it ...I do tell her noo not to throw it but i just dont makw a bog deal about it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only give DS a little bit at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"