Success after IF
Options

good news, bad news, and OMG news

My 28 week appt. and u/s was today....

The good:  My placenta has moved up, so that worry is over :)

The bad:  I never heard back from my midwife about my request to do a 2-hour GTT screening which I'd have a chance of passing, so I had to do a 1-hour today.  I met with the other midwife who said she would have let me do a 2-hour, but of course I was rushed to go pick up Kira and couldn't stay an extra hour -- I needed to know yesterday at the latest if I could do a 2-hour so I could go in earlier today.  (Through TTC and pg, I've always failed a 1-hour, and I've always passed a baseline, 2-hour and 3-hour.  I had to see an OB 2 weeks ago and he told me to ask my midwife, so that's what I tried doing.)  As expected, I failed the 1-hour today.  I don't know what to do now -- I could try a 2-hour, but if there's a question, I'd have to stay for a 3-hour anyway.  I just don't know what to do with Kira for a 5 hour test, driving included -- I can only be there for 90 minutes without her while she's in school, so 3 hours is impossible.  My midwife is supposed to call me, but I was told that last week, and again yesterday....

The OMG:  Baby girl is measuring in the 82nd %ile!  I realize that's not off the top of the charts, but as Kira's been off the bottom of the charts for much of her life and under the 5th %ile for essentially her entire life, I don't know what to do with a big (or even average) baby!  I'll say that Kira's head is nearly at the 82nd (!) so it's not delivery that will be a big difference, but it's looking like it will be parallel to my younger sister being 8 inches taller than I am.  Good thing they'll be three years apart to give Kira a better head start than I had. ;)  I know measurements can be off, of course, and in fact it's the first time I've ever been told a %ile in utero,  but I wasn't expecting to hear that at all!

:)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
Our early Christmas present 12/9/10

Re: good news, bad news, and OMG news

• Options

LMAO.

Isn't it crazy how we expect them to be just like the first?

After all... that's your frame of reference, right?

Mine are like yours.  Dylan was so skinny it earned him an IUGR diagnosis.

Jace is a chunky monkey.

The down side?

They may end up being in the same size shorts/skirts at the same time.

Dylan's so skinny he wears a year or 2 behind and Jace is such a chunk in the tummy that he wears a year or 2 ahead!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options

LOL!  #2's heart rate is lower, I'm carrying her lower, but I don't feel that much bigger if at all!  So yeah!

I'm 2 years older than my sister.  We looked like twins when I was 7 and she was 5, and she was close to me for a while before that.  I'm 5'4" and stopped growing when I was 12; she is 6'0" and kept growing all through HS.  I got HER hand-me-downs, if anything.

This may sound silly, but in fact one of the reasons I was perfectly OK with a 3 year age difference was just in case #2 was a lot bigger -- I figured she'd probably be a bit bigger, which is good -- I didn't want Kira to be forgotten as the older sister like I was!  Fortunately she has me on her side -- I can relate. ;)

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a little guy too and I always loved chunky babies!  I so hope #2 is a chunker.  :-) 

Sorry about your testing issues though.  What a pain!  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageemiannie:

I had a little guy too and I always loved chunky babies!  I so hope #2 is a chunker.  :-) 

Sorry about your testing issues though.  What a pain!  

Good point!  I'd be thrilled with anywhere in the average range.  So much for them being the same season for clothes, perhaps!  Kira was still less than 7 lbs. at Christmas after she was born, so this one might be making up the month birthday difference even before birth. ;)

The nurse 2 weeks ago would have sworn it was a boy with a 146 heartrate (which granted is still above 140), so I had the u/s tech confirm today, LOL.  We've looked between her legs 4 times now so I think we're good on her being a girl, but indeed the nurse last week may have been right that she'll be athletic!  I'll have a ballerina and a rugby player. :)

And I WON'T always assume that the older child "started it," as my sister finally admitted to our parents in her 20s!

imageimageimage

• Options

hey, that sounds like a very healthy baby--congrats!

sorry the GD testing is such a pain. =( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sorry the 2 hr GD didnt work out for you, what a pain.

We're expecting #2 to be small and I joked to my mom that she is going to come out at 9lbs!  You never know!!!  I'm glad that your placenta moved though, one less thing to worry about.

-----Lisa-----
  • Options

This is a lot like my recent post, other than the GD part.  ;)  It seems like it's really common for the second baby to be big when the first was smallish.  (Reems is another example -- Ana caught up with Katen in clothes, I think!)  DS was pretty average for the first year, but now he's definitely on the small side.  I think he inherited my small bone structure.  DS2, though, is estimated over 90th %ile!  He'll be a 9 lb-er at this rate.  Wowza.

Anyway, bummer about the test.  I hope you can get something sorted out.  I have mine in a week, and I'm really worried I won't pass this time for a variety of reasons.  Yuck!

• Options
    OMG--looks like we're both on track to have big babies!  Good luck to you as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yay!  for chunky babies!!!!  boo for the whole glucose mix up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yay for moving placenta and big baby girl!! :)  re: the testing issues, that is super annoying :(  and my personal omg is i can't believe how far along you are!!!  so exciting!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone!  The commiseration is reassuring (!) and your support is super sweet. :)

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"