December 2010 Moms
Options

Stink Bugs

Who has them in their area? I am lucky enough to have one in the light right above my desk as I'm typing this Ick!

Are they mostly an east coast thing? Luckily we haven't seen many around our house but I've heard about them taking over some areas.

Incase you don't know what I'm talking about, they are bugs that look like this...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Stink Bugs

• Options

Dude. I swear, the other day, I had like 50 on the outside of 1 window!!!

So gross :-( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Ahhhhh! That thing is creepy! We have love bugs that attack us every year but those just ruin the front of your car.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJulietL129:

Dude. I swear, the other day, I had like 50 on the outside of 1 window!!!

So gross :-( 

Eww! This lady at work said that the other day she went to take a picture off the wall and there was a perfect square of stink bugs underneath of it. I would have freaked out!

Hopefully yours stay outside!

• Options
    imageCruisebride1208:

Ahhhhh! That thing is creepy! We have love bugs that attack us every year but those just ruin the front of your car.

What's a love bug?!

The stink bugs are harmless but are really annoying. They have a stinky odor to them when you squish one and apparently they don't have a natural preditor so they are going to be hard to get rid of.

• Options
    imagefmgrice:
    imageCruisebride1208:

What's a love bug?!

The stink bugs are harmless but are really annoying. They have a stinky odor to them when you squish one and apparently they don't have a natural preditor so they are going to be hard to get rid of.

A love bug is this lighting bug looking creature that attaches to a mate and flys around, then when your car hits them during season, the love bug juice goes everywhere. I swear, I can't make this stuff up. LOL

Car washes around here have special mixtures that clean it all up during LB season because it eats the paint of the cars if left on too long. 

• Options
    Ugh...I have been finding a few here and there in my office and a couple in my house.   I think the worst thing about stink bugs is if they get on your skin they cling to you.  I know they are harmless it is just so gross.  
  • Options
    I was wondering about those things...they keep talking about them on the news and I had never heard of them, they're gross looking though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

YES!!!  It's a BIG problem in PA and parts of NJ.  But they are found mostly up and down the east coast.

They are harmless like a PP said.  They are like a more annoying lady bug pretty much.  They just kinda find a place they like and make it home.  But they smell if you squish them.

My DH's aunt had an ENTIRE wall of the outside of her house filled with them!  Apparently the neighbor houses around her had their houses sprayed against them, and since she didn't, they all flocked to her house!!!

• Options
    imagezeadfly:

These are love bugs, I got married in May two years ago outside and we ended up having these EVERYWHERE!.. lets just say we had to not eat certain parts of our cake!!  But we managed with citronella candles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ewww! Sorry about your cake, that sucks!

I did LOL a little about lovebug juice that was mentioned earlier.

• Options

Down here we have the stink bugs and love bugs.

They both suck! lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"