Indiana Babies

Crap, fashion help stat!

We're doing maternity photos tomorrow.

Yay, right!?

Right.

Except I have no freaking idea what to wear. Everything I bought as a "maybe" for our shower on Sunday, I hate. I look like a cow. At best.

So since we're going casual, I'm thinking jeans, black shirt, cute jewelry for basics, and then bringing a multicolored scarf and adorable coordinating red cloche for "what about this?" additions that avoid me having to actually have more than one cute outfit.

Sound okay?

OR shop online for me (not Target, I'm done with them) and post pictures of maternity things you think would be cute and that I can pick up between 11 and 2 tomorrow?

Mother's Day, 2011

Re: Crap, fashion help stat!

• I think that would work.  I think some fun/bold/chunky accessories would be cool (says the girl that doesn't own any...)

Check out this blog post and this blog post.  I like these - casual - plain tops - be sure the top is form-fitting to show off your curves, although I'm pretty sure you don't wear tent-like tops anyways ;)

Aside from black, I'd consider bringing some other top to change into in another color just for fun.

I also love what Jac wore in hers, I never would have picked the pink dress, but it looked great.

• Also, similar to the one the girl is wearing in one of those posts, I love this...(if it isn't too hot)

• Loading the player...
  • Also I am loving the texture and color of this.
  • I have had photo success with solid tops that have good necklines (V necks are the best for me) and great necklaces/scarves.  I second everything Kathy says.  Oh, and sometimes it takes a photog's eye to figure out what is going to look good, so I would take three or four things that might be possible suspects, and let them choose! 

Good luck!  (Oh, and BTW...you are not a cow!  You simply have ANOTHER HUMAN UNDER YOUR SKIN!  That would make anyone look bigger!)

• I love those posts, thank you!

If I could rock a dress like Jac did, I would be, but on my frame...mmmooooo. Everything that's even vaguely fall appropriate winds up looking like a giant tent shirt that makes me look 3' tall. Not good.

Maybe I'll hit the google and see what other photographers have and get inspired that way...

Mother's Day, 2011
  • imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:

I love those posts, thank you!

If I could rock a dress like Jac did, I would be, but on my frame...mmmooooo. Everything that's even vaguely fall appropriate winds up looking like a giant tent shirt that makes me look 3' tall. Not good.

Maybe I'll hit the google and see what other photographers have and get inspired that way...

Dude I saw your blog posts...you are totally smokin' :) 

• ::::::runs to check her blog::::::
  • imagelemen99:

Um...I third what Kathy says.  No one is going to notice what you are wearing as long as you smile.  Two words:  MEGA WATT.  

• imageamstep:
    imagelemen99:

Um...I third what Kathy says.  No one is going to notice what you are wearing as long as you smile.  Two words:  MEGA WATT.  

Amen.

Can't *wait* to see the pictures, Krista! You're going to share them because you don't have the option not to.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • a. you're totally hot. Stop worrying. b. The ideas you have are great. and c. How the eff are you this far along already?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore black in mine and I wish I hadn't because you can't really see my belly which really is the reason for getting them done.  So instead I just look chunky.  But since you are skinny and cute I am sure that wont be the case just thought I would share my experience.
  • I don't have any suggestions other than that I like it when pregnant women wear something sort of tight-ish around their belly to show it off. A lot of the maternity shirts looked like moo-moo's. I'm also a fan of bright colors (or maybe a red/orange for fall) since the black can conceal the belly.

BTW, you look absolutely adorable pregnant!! I think your pics are going to be fabulous!

• Aw, thanks for the compliments women! ::sniffle::

I hadn't even thought about black not showing the belly well in pictures...I think I'll run out tomorrow and see if I can find a lighter but still fall-ish colored so I don't wind up regretting that!

Mother's Day, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"