Success after IF

Recommend your stroller

I think DS is almost ready to not be in his carseat/Snap n Go stroller.  He hates the carseat in general and a couple times we've put him in the jogging stroller fully reclined with a snuzzler  insert for when we are just hanging out on the patio with friends and he loved it, but I  don't think he's ready to be mobile in it since the seat area is large.

I really just want a nice lighter weight (non-umbrella, of course) stroller with good storage basket to be used for mall trips, etc.

Re: Recommend your stroller

• Love love love my Graco LiteRider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I should add, I'm a suburban Mom who uses it for walks, shopping, airplane travel, Disney trips, that type of use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We just got the Baby Jogger City Select and I think it is something all moms should consider if they are planning on having more kids.  You can make it a double just by adding another seat but it works great as a single too.  I used it yesterday for the first time at the outlets.  I had it set up as a double and it was easy to turn (my friend was super impressed when I was able to open the doors and swing the stroller around to get in).  It has big enough wheels to use for walks around the neighborhood and a huge storage basket underneath.

If you're not interested in that, I also have a Britax chaperone which has been great.  It is more of a traditional stroller, has a decent sized basket, easy to open and close, snack tray, cup holders - all the normal stuff.  My favorite feature is the brake, you step on it to lock and step again to unlock, no killing your feet trying to lift it up. 

And finally, I have a Baby Planet Solo Deluxe which is technically an umbrella stroller but reclines and has a decent basket (though a little difficult to get to).  It is like a mix between a traditional stroller and an umbrella.  It folds pretty small like an umbrella though so it's good if you dont have a ton of trunk space.

I'm a bit of a stroller whore... I have 3 others too... Embarrassed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-----Lisa-----
  • I LOVE our Bugaboo Cameleon- once I pushed that nothing else compared, it has a small basket underneath, but it's big enough for me. The Bugaboo Bee is a little smaller, has a bigger basket, and is lighter.

I know a lot of people like the Uppa Vista too, it has a nice large basket.

The Baby Jogger City Mini may be an option for you as well- I looked at it as our travel stroller, it's light- folds VERY easily and has a decent sized basket.

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love my Bumbleride - we have the double and I'm about to purchase a single.

We use it for walks and runs everyday (dh runs with the boys) and trips to the pedi and grandma's...

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageOrangeSmoke:

Love my Bumbleride - we have the double and I'm about to purchase a single.

We have 2 Bumblerides - the Indie Twin for the double stroller, and a Bumbleride Flyer for a single.  

The Flyer sounds like something you might be interested in - it is a "lightweight plus" stroller, as they describe it on Babygizmo.com.  It has some nice features - large sunshade, large storage basket, cup holder, car seat adapter, and rain cover all included.  It also has the ability to switch the handle to walk having the baby face you or face out.  It is great for the mall, stores and walks on even pavement, since the wheels are small and not all-terrain like a jogging stroller.  We live in the city, and use the stroller almost daily, so I actually would have preferred a stroller that was all-terrain, so that is why we got the Indie Twin stroller for a double.  But the Flyer works great for the mall (especially during the holidays when there are long lines - I would just flip the handlebar so DS would be looking at me so I could entertain him in the line), shopping, pedi appointments, etc.

But I also agree with a pp - if you are planning on having a #2 any time in the near future, I would consider one of the strollers that converts to a double - Britax Be Ready, City Select, or Phil and Teds.  They are pricey to buy, but would save you money in the long run by not having to buy a double.  

Oh, and check out the video reviews on Babygizmo.com - we looked at a few on there, then went to the stores to check them out for ourselves.  But they were helpful to us! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We LOVE our BJ City Mini over here - another suburban mom :) Parks, malls, city sidewalks, the City Mini handles it all beautifully and folds up to the size of a suitcase to boot. I will say that I wish we had looked more into the Elite since it has a jump seat for no. 2. The Select wasn't out when we bought ours. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"