Toddlers: 24 Months+

good place to buy a twin mattress

I think for DS's 2nd birthday my parents are going to get him a bed...at first we talked about just getting a toddler bed for now and using his crib mattress but my mom said maybe we should just get him a twin mattress and box spring and use a side rail. Where did you guys find had good prices on twin size mattresses...obviously he's a lil boy so he doesn't need something top of the line or fancy.
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: good place to buy a twin mattress

• We went to Sleepy's and they had a whole bunch on clearance because of an overstock issue.  We saved about 50% and its a great mattress.  I had to ask if there were any on sale or clearance, it wasn't info. the salesman offered up on his own.
  • I got DS's at the verlo mix and match sale.  Not sure where you are so I don't know if you have verlo.  Basically the fabric doesn't match on both sides of the mattress.  We are not using a box spring right now because then he could not get into bed by himself. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We got DS's mattress at Costco.  It is a pillow top and really comfy and was not expensive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know if there is one near you but at Boston Stores they are having a sale tomorrow and Saturday. They told me I can get a Simmons Beautyrest twin mattress (we don't need the box spring) for $119. The boxspring is another $100 I believe. 

If you don't have a Boston then Ashley had some decent mattresses and Sears had a decently priced one as well. GL!

I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • We just got DS a nice Serta mattress at a good price at Sears.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"