February 2011 Moms
Options

This may be a stupid question (shower)

but I honestly don't know.  My MIL is throwing me a shower in LA with my husband's family the day after Thanksgiving, and some of my best friends are throwing me a shower in Houston (where I live) a couple weeks before that my mom and grandma, etc will be invited to.  My question is, do I invite my MIL to that shower as well?  I want to lean towards yes, but I don't want her to have to spend more money to travel and whatnot.  I love her to be able to be there though.  What do you think?
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: This may be a stupid question (shower)

• Options
    I would invite her as a courtesy but tell her that you understand travel costs, etc may prevent her from coming and its ok.
  • Options

I agree with pp - I would invite her to both.  Maybe include a note (or call her) to explain that you'd understand if she would not be able to make it because of travel expenses, ect but you'd love to have her there.

I am also having two showers, and am inviting both mothers to both showers (although both mothers live close to me).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I invited my bf's mom to every shower...just so she felt included but I told her ahead of time I don't expect her to attend them all nor do I expect a gift. She appreciated that I included her though!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

Invite her, but explain that she has given you gift enough, and you do not expect a gift at the other shower. And explain that you do not want her to feel left out at any point, but whether or not she comes is up tp her.

• Options
    Yes. I invited my MIL to all of my wedding shower's, even though she lives in another state. If I had not, she would have felt left out. She knew she didn't have to send a gift, but did anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagehawkilady:
    I would invite her as a courtesy but tell her that you understand travel costs, etc may prevent her from coming and its ok.

This I definitely invited family that is just too far to even expect them to actually make it but wanted them to know I was thinking of them.  All have politely declined due to the distance.  I think she would appreciate it and probably decide on her own not to make it with out you saying anything about understanding etc. 

HTH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"