March 2011 Moms

Anniversary/ Babymoon Booked

I am so excited.  My husband just booked a weekend at a Bed & Breakfast for our anniversary and last pre-baby adventure.   

Oct. 15 will be great.  We have an ultrasound in the morning then we are heading out for our weekend together.  

Hope I am not being annoying, I am just excited.   Is any one else planning a babymoon or fun pre-baby activity together?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Our Fur-babies: Oliver, Leela, & Neville Our Puppies

Re: Anniversary/ Babymoon Booked

• Yeah, DH said he was taking me to TN but now I don't know if we are or not. It was his idea and now he's like I don't know. I hope we do! We would be going in November. I really really want to get away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would like too, not sure we can financially, but we will see. Congrats to you though. Have fun!

• Loading the player...
  • imagemjcbradley:
    Yeah, DH said he was taking me to TN but now I don't know if we are or not. It was his idea and now he's like I don't know. I hope we do! We would be going in November. I really really want to get away.

TN would be beautiful in November.  Hope you can enjoy a trip there!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Our Fur-babies: Oliver, Leela, & Neville Our Puppies
  • That sounds like a blast!  We're planning on taking one in January (with a little help from family) to a beautiful coastal town in CA.  I'm really looking forward to it. Have a great time!!!

p.s. you are NOT being annoying :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I went on our babymoon last week (all-inclusive resort in Cuba for a week!) :) It was great!

Have fun on your weekend away...enjoy the quiet time :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • We're going to Japan the first two weeks of November.  I'm super excited to go back!  Being excited to get away isn't annoying, it's understandable!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH and I are going on a cruise in December. Be excited all you want, it's not annoying.

Before you start flaming me. I know I just posted about DH's job loss, insurance woes and other financial problems, but this was already paid for before any of that happened and it's non-refundable. It's something we do every other year with DH's family.

• DH randomly asked me the other day to name a place I'd go for a weekend if I could. I immediately thought of Chicago, but he doesn't like cities (and I don't like the country! lol), so we'll see. "Surprise" Babymoon? I'm not sure yet, but it would be fun!

Hope you have a great time on yours!

• I'm going to Hawaii in mid-December for a conference and DH is supposed to come with me, so that will be our vacation this year (besides visiting family for the holidays).  Enjoy your babymoon!
    "Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different" ~Roger von Oech
  • That sounds really fun.  We don't have anything planned and probably will not head out any where.  I teach and vacation is a premium for DH since that is part of his paternity leave.
  • We are going to Chicago next weekend for a few days. I'm a teacher and only get two personal days to use, so we could not go anywhere for too far away, but we have never been to Chicago so we are pretty excited. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsbmw09:

DH and I are going on a cruise in December. Be excited all you want, it's not annoying.

Before you start flaming me. I know I just posted about DH's job loss, insurance woes and other financial problems, but this was already paid for before any of that happened and it's non-refundable. It's something we do every other year with DH's family.

I hope no one would flame you on this.  I hope you have a wonderful trip.  It sounds like you could use a get away.  Who knows, maybe things will look up! ... P.S.  You have a beautiful baby name picked out. 

• How funny, we are going on our babymoon/anniversary Oct 14 (long weekend in Durango) I'm also super excited and can't wait to get away! I wish we were having an ultrasound before we left though, we have to wait till November for ours Sad
  • We're going to NYC for a few days in Oct.  DH has to be there for a conference on a wed.  so we'll stay tue-fri.  It's not really a babymoon but it'll be nice to do some fun things with dd before the baby comes!

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• not meant to be a babymoon, we are going back to the USA to visit the family and friends for the first time in 2 years in a couple weeks.  we will be there for a month, and we are taking a short trip to vegas for our 3rd anniversary.  i am excited...can't wait to see everyone, and let the cat out of the bag!!
  • Our first anniversary is in January, so I have a feeling we'll probably just stay in a hotel not too far from home during a weekend that month. Will be too far along at that point to travel too far. But it will still be nice to just get away for a day or two! :)
  • That is soooo cute! Did he do it all on his own or did you guys discuss it?

We want to have a little getaway before the baby comes, but I don't want my husband to use too much vacation, nor can we spend much money, so we are thinking like a 3 or 4 day weekend in November.

Charlie: Wowing the Masses with His Adorableness Since March 16, 2011 http://operationicingonthecake.wordpress.com/
  • Have fun! That sounds great. We're in the process of adding an addition on to our home, so no babymoon for us.

• imageEmmerbemmers:

That is soooo cute! Did he do it all on his own or did you guys discuss it?

We want to have a little getaway before the baby comes, but I don't want my husband to use too much vacation, nor can we spend much money, so we are thinking like a 3 or 4 day weekend in November.

He arranged it on his own, but asked we which place in the area I liked best.   Then he took care of getting some one to look after our dogs and all other details.   We are dong a weekend too so we can save his vacation time for march and going local so there is not much travel expense.  

• We're not calling it a babymoon, but I'm flying out to upstate NY next weekend to meet him on his way back from a work trip at a friend's farmhouse.  We'll be helping with the annual apple harvest/cider making day, which is one of the most fun things I've ever gotten to be a part of.  I'm thrilled we get to go again this year, even though we live on the other side of the country.  :)  I'm also planning on going to all of the awesome places to eat that I really miss (we used to live there), it's going to be hard hitting them all in a weekend, but I'm going to try!!  :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"