3rd Trimester

Bottle Sterilizer...

Can I just wash them instead or do I need a sterilizer?

Re: Bottle Sterilizer...

• I wouldn't just wash them. You don't have to buy a sterilizer to sterilize them. Just toss them in boiling water. Well im sure there's more to that method i just haven't googled it yet.=)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wash them and then sterilize them by boiling them for 5 min. Did that w/DD and doing it now.  No need for a bottle sterilizer.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCheyenneShaw:
    I wouldn't just wash them. You don't have to buy a sterilizer to sterilize them. Just toss them in boiling water. Well im sure there's more to that method i just haven't googled it yet.=)

True true! The bottle will come with sterilizing instructions!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • darn it, i wish i knew this beforehand.  someones already bought it off my registry.
  • Thanks ladies!! I will boil. Don't feel like dealing with a sterilizer.
  • imagexxbabycakesxx:
    darn it, i wish i knew this beforehand.  someones already bought it off my registry.

you can always return it. lol. Stick out tongueMy thing is, If you don't have to use the sterilizer after every use why buy one?  In my case I am using Playtex drop ins, so I only really have to sterilize the nipples, If i were using other bottles i was told once sterilized is enough. After that just wash with warm water and soap or toss in the dishwasher. Ive never seen the point in spending money on a sterilizer. Maybe its just me?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagexxbabycakesxx:
    darn it, i wish i knew this beforehand.  someones already bought it off my registry.

You can return it and get something you actually need more. :) 

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • imageraskind17:
    Thanks ladies!! I will boil. Don't feel like dealing with a sterilizer.

one more bulky thing that takes away space....not a necessity.  I boil pacifiers too. 

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • imageLina1030:

imageraskind17:
    Thanks ladies!! I will boil. Don't feel like dealing with a sterilizer.

one more bulky thing that takes away space....not a necessity.  I boil pacifiers too. 

Thanks hon!

• If you're using the drop ins and just need to sterilize nipples, get the Medela steam bags, they're awesome for sterilizing stuff like that, pacis, etc.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've only sterilized the bottles a handful of times.  Other than that, I just wash the bottles with soap and hot water, and DD has never gotten sick from it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"