Stay at Home Moms
Options

*Probably asked a million times: routine?*

I'm a SAHM and I'm wondering what kind of routines you guys have? Specifically when you shower, nap and get some exercise in (if any). Sometimes I find it hard to plan out all these things in a day! Thanks ladies Smile

Re: *Probably asked a million times: routine?*

• Options

I exercise T, TH, F, at the gym -take kids after breakfast , weekends I jog from home, M is my off day and Wed I either wake up before DH leaves or go in the evening for a jog.

Kids are both napping from 12-2 or 3 so I shower, get online and get housework done then. Wed & Mon mornings we do a big long activity like zoo, museum, music class, etc, before naps, the other days we do shorter stuff after gym like park, walks, library, etc. After naps we do errands, playgroup, swim lessons,soccer practice or just hang out until we have to get back to start dinner at around 5. 

• Options

DD gets up around 7/8am. I get up with her, feed her, and let her play in the living room. She's usually ready for a nap about 2 hours after she gets up. I take that time to take a shower and get a few things done around the house.

I rarely nap during the day, but if I'm really tired I nap when DD naps in the afteroon.

I exercise with DH in the evenings after DD goes to ged.

I make my schedule very flexible, and follow DD's lead. We don't have a ton of structure.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I exercise when the sun comes up.  DD gets up at 7, so for a few more weeks, at least, I'll be getting up 1/2 hour before that to walk 2 miles each day.  Don't know when I'll exercise during the dark winter months -- maybe get some yoga CDs from the library and practice during DD's naps.

Unless it's incredibly hot, I don't get sweaty walking, so I shower after DD goes to bed.  I style my hair naturally wavy, so there's nothing to do with my hair unless I feel like straightening it.  Then I'll do that in the morning during the time DH watches Sesame Street with DD.

If I nap at all, it's usually the first half hour of DD's afternoon nap.  But I sleep from 10:30ish to 6:30, so I usually don't need one.

As far as getting stuff done around the house, I pay the bills and handle all paperwork on Monday during DD's nap.  Every day, I wipe down the kitchen and take care of the dishes also during DD's nap.  Every Saturday morning, I've been cleaning the rest of the house and doing the laundry, which takes almost exactly 3 hours, 9-noon.   I cook dinner when DH gets home from work, aiming to eat at 6:30 (though I'm slow, so I often fail!).  And that pretty much covers it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't nap.

I exercise by taking the kids for walks.

I wake up before everyone else and shower.

I prep dinner during naps or do a crockpot meal early in the day.

I clean the bathroom before my shower (daily), dust every couple of days when my baby is sleeping and my oldest is playing, and vacuum throughout the day in the main living areas.  I clean up the kitchen as I go along thorughout the day.  I usually mop every day or every other day in the AM or at night. 

• Options

Since DS is a bit older and able to benefit from a routine a little better, our schedule is a little more set:

Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays --- 

7:00 AM - I'm up, showered, dressed
    7:30 AM - Get DS up and dressed
    7:30 - 8:45 AM - Get DS fed, his lunch made and bag ready for preschool.  Off to school for drop off at 9 AM.
    9:00 AM - 2:30 PM - DS is at school (he usually naps there for about 1 hour) and I have "me" time (could be a variety of things from cleaning and doing chores to just hanging out.)
    2:30 PM - 6:00 PM - DS and I hang out: go to the playground, meet up with friends, go run errands, etc.
    6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - DS eats dinner, gets bathed, and start night time routine.
    7:30 PM - DS is in bed.

Tuesdays ---
    7:00 AM - 9:45 AM - the same as above.
    9:45 AM - leave for story time at the library. We usually meet up with two other friends.
    10 AM - 10:45 AM - Story time at the library.
    10:45 AM - 1:00 PM - with our friends: go to the playground and then usually have lunch.
    1:00 - 2:30 PM - DS naps
    2:30 PM - 7:30 PM - same as MWF

Thursdays ---
    7:00 AM - 10:00 AM - the same as above
    10:00 AM - 1:00 PM - usually having a playdate with our friends. Usually includes lunch.  Sometimes we go out to eat but a lot of times we pack a picnic and have lunch at the park or zoo or some other fun place.
    1:00 - 2:30 PM - DS naps
    2:30 PM - 7:30 PM - same as MWF

This will ALL CHANGE when Baby Too arrives, though.  Smile

• Options
    Well, I just have one little guy but so far my routine has been wake at 7a and feed him. then I put him on his playmat and go get dressed for the gym. We go workout (i put him in child care at the gym). Come home feed him at 10a. Then I eat breakfast, shower, catch up on emails etc. Then feed him at 1p. then I run errands or take a nap. Feed at 4p then cook dinner, eat dinner. Feed him again at 6p and 8pm and put him to bed. 

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Options
    DD wakes me at 7 or 8 and we nurse, play in the living for 2 hours, then she naps. That's when I shower and pick up the house. When she wakes, we eat lunch and run errands, do playdates, etc. She naps again around 2 or 3. I rest, blog, prep dinner while she sleeps. Once she's up, we play, take a walk, eat dinner, baths and bed. I rarely nap and if I do, it's in the morning. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"