Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Never thought I'd have to post here.

I never post on here, but realized I need a place to vent my feelings.

I had a miscarriage a week ago tomorrow. I was only just shy of 6 weeks along, but I'm still in a total funk about it. I have a wonderful and supportive husband and family. I'm also so blessed to have a 10 month old DD, but I still get so down about my m/c. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster of emotions ever since. One second I feel great and the next I'm in tears. When will this all end? What helped you all get through this?

I'm not expecting answers, I just wanted a place to vent my emotions. All the previous posts have been helpful to read through and I'm so sorry you all have to go through this.

Re: Never thought I'd have to post here.

• Options
    Losing a baby is hard no matter when or how it happens.  I'm sorry for your loss.  It's up and down and probably will be for a while.  I'm just trying to focus on eating healthy and exercising so I'm in great shape to try again.  I think if I stay busy I'll heal much faster.  I plan to go back to work Monday and go to the gym every day with DH.  Having something to look forward to every day will make things easier.  I hope you feel better.  (((Hugs)))

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

first it doesn't matter how far along you are saying "only just shy of 6 weeks" sort of sounds like you don't feel that you have the same right to grieve as someone who lost there baby at 20 weeks. You have every right to feel how ever you feel.

Don't let anyone tell you other wise.  Grieve however you need to. Don't try to apply a time line to how you feel. 

Find someone to talk to who will just listen and won't tell you to "get over it" 

You have to give yourself permission to be sad and do what you need to do to morn the loss of your child.

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Our son died at 16weeks 6days on September 22, 2010 The greatest thing you?ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you both so much. Even just reading these two posts, make me feel better. It is beautiful here today and I'm already making a mental list of things to do to keep myself occupied.

And you're right Roxy, I do have every right to be as sad as someone who lost their baby further along. I need to remember that greiving is a natural part of losing a baby and to give myself time. I know that I will continue to have good days and bad days.

Thank you for listening and letting me get my feelings out.

• Options
    I am so sorry you lost your baby! I wish I could say when the "rollercoaster" will stop, but mine is still out of control. This is a great place to express how you are feeling and supporting other women going through the same thing feels like therapy to me. (((hugs)))
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I am so very sorry for your loss.

The loss of a LO is difficult no matter how far along the pregnancy was - I am a firm believer that we all become parents/mothers when we see that second line on the HPT.

This is a wonderful board with a great group of amazingly supportive women. It is also a great place for just about everything - talking, venting, sharing, supporting, etc. I hope that you are able to find some comfort here and some peace soon.

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry. No one wants to be here, and I wish you didn't have to be either. I had a natural m/c and I lost my first LO in my 10th week. It was the single most heartbreaking time of my life. I cried for three days straight. Then, the guilt and anger took over. DH and I have been trying for our first LO for almost three years and I'm a borderline diabetic, so I was sure there was something I did, something wrong with me that made it so hard to get pregnant, that caused my m/c. I was so angry. Why can so many women have such an easy time getting pregnant, carrying a baby and delivering perfect healthy babies? Why do I have to have a medical condition? Why did I have to lose my baby after we tried so long? A little over a month after our loss, I've moved into acceptance. I can't change anything now, it's over. The appearance of my first AF last week actually made me feel better, and I got a tattoo to remember and honor my forever first baby and it's helped me too. I'm still sad about losing my LO, and I know some part of me always will be, but I'm beginning to look forward to getting my take home baby. No matter what your situation is, a loss is a loss and it hurts. There's so many questions and absolutely no answers. I hope you can find some comfort in our stories and experiences here on this board and that you can begin to heal. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    +HPT 12/1/14
    EDD 8/3/15

• Options
    imagedesign2742:

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster of emotions ever since. One second I feel great and the next I'm in tears. When will this all end? What helped you all get through this?

I am so sorry for your loss.  A loss is a loss, regardless of how far along you were.

You are not alone in feeling like your emotions are all over the place.  As for when it ends, I have no idea.  I know that for me, it'll be different when I'm pregnant again.  But will I ever forget about this baby?  No.  

My DH and my therapist have been godsends.  Counseling really helped me sort through my feelings and figure out what my healing process is and what I need to do to get through this difficult time.   

imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    my m/c will be 1 month tomorrow and it has been easier each day. i will never forget, but it has been easier and i actually havent cried for a few days now. im sorry for your loss, and i just wanted to say it will get better soon, it just doesnt feel that way right now Smile
    TTC since 9-5-09 BFP #1 7-19-10 missed m/c 9-3-10 BFP #2 1-12-11 stick baby! BFP #3 9-13-14. First u/s 10-10-14 TWINS!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hey hun, sorry you had to go thru this, its truly a awful experience. I am still not ok (its only been a week) but my bff who had a m/c a year ago, says not a day goes by that she doesnt think about it (she is STILL TTC) and even tho the pain fades, the memory will always be with you. the nurse also told me that even when your an old grandma you will always remember this time. I know its cliche but it clearly happened for a reason. Love your DD and hope for the best next time around. take care!
  • Options

I'm feeling your pain. I had a miscarriage a week ago this past Tuesday. I was about as far along as you.

What I realized yesterday, I may be happy and chipper on the outside, on the inside, I have a gaping hole in my heart. I am hoping that it will heal... soon! There are random times I find myself lost in thought, which then brings me to tears.

I suppose this doesn't help you much, but know that you're not alone!

Take care of yourself!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"