Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Why are all the birthday montage songs..

in country style? 

Has anyone noticed?

Any recommendations for NON country songs? :) TIA! 

Re: Why are all the birthday montage songs..

• No country in my video! Ours aren't literally birthday songs though ... we're doing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Iz Kama... something, "Little Sack of Sugar" by Elizabeth Mitchell, and "Upside Down" by Jack Johnson. (My video is about 8 minutes, I cut portions of those songs out.)

I also toyed around with "Stay Up Late" by Talking Heads, "Let's Hear it for the Boy," "You Make my Dreams Come True" by Hall & Oates, and "Born at the Right Time" by Paul Simon. What can I say, I'm a child of the 80s!

• imageCanadianJulyBri:

in country style? 

Has anyone noticed?

I think it is because  there are a bunch of sentimental country songs about kids and parents.

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • Loading the player...
  • I did "Seasons of Love" for part of the montage I made.  I totally agree though, it seems like the best "baby growing up" songs were county.  I gave in and included one in mine even though I 'm not a country fan.
  • sweet sweet baby by michelle featherstone

upside down by jack johnson

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCanadianJulyBri:

in country style? 

Has anyone noticed?

Yup and I'm not a country fan.  We're using "beautiful boy" by John Lennon, Better Together by Jack Johnson and Sweet Sweet Baby by Michelle Featherstone 

• I agree--took me awhile but I found non-country songs:

Be my baby--Ronettes

All is Love--Karen O and the Kids (from Where the Wild Things Are movie)

For Baby (For Bobbie)--Peter, Paul, and Mary (this one is AWESOME, makes me cry every time)

Danny's Song--Kenny Loggins

Teach your children--Crosby, Stills, and Nash

I think it's a good mix of upbeat and sentimental. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"