Indiana Babies

Beauty Brands...WWYD?

I called 2 weeks ago and set up an appt to get a full set or acrylic nails and an eyebrow wax afterwards.  They told me that the nail tech who does acrylics only works on Mondays. This was frustrating for me, as I wanted a Saturday appt, but worked it out for my husband to take the day off and spend it with the kids, while I go take a little 'me time'.

So I get a phone call today stating that the eyebrow guy won't be able to keep my appt time and wondered if I could reschedule for the same day with someone else. I said "I don't care who does my eyebrow, but I also have an appt for nails and don't want to have to leave and come back to get them done". Well the lady on the phone told me that the nail tech QUIT and there won't be anyone to do my nails. Then she quickly said she'd look into it and call me back.

Well, a few hours later, I get a call from the nail tech herself (the one who quit) to tell me that I must have not been on the schedule because no one knew about me coming in (but yet they had my eyebrow wax appt down...hmm). This random lady gave me her cell and home phone # to call her if I had any questions.

They do offer other kinds of nails (some of you a while back rec. that I get gel), but I really wanted acrylic because I don't want to have my nails break and then have to fix them and acrylics are the only ones that are super strong. And this lady who quit is the only person there who does acrylics, so now, they don't even offer them.

But I'm SO frustrated with BB as a company that they could mess up something like this. Do you think it would be too b!tchy of me if I asked them to do something for me - like a credit, since they cannot fulfill my appointment that I called for?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Beauty Brands...WWYD?

• I guess I don't understand why you feel like you deserve store credit from them. I'd completely be with you if you got there and they'd switched your eyebrow person and canceled your nails. But they asked before switching the person doing your brows and gave you four days notice that they don't have anyone who does the nails you want anymore.

Don't get me wrong--it absolutely sucks, and it seems odd that you're getting two different stories when you talk with the store v. when you talk with the woman who quit. I just don't see how that translates into them owing you something.

Mother's Day, 2011
  • I'd just go somewhere else. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:

I guess I don't understand why you feel like you deserve store credit from them. I'd completely be with you if you got there and they'd switched your eyebrow person and canceled your nails. But they asked before switching the person doing your brows and gave you four days notice that they don't have anyone who does the nails you want anymore.

Don't get me wrong--it absolutely sucks, and it seems odd that you're getting two different stories when you talk with the store v. when you talk with the woman who quit. I just don't see how that translates into them owing you something.

Thats probably what I needed to hear then. Sometimes I over react.

What my thinking was I scheduled an appt for something and now they cannot provide it and that is bad business (IMO). Also, that they didn't call me to tell me the nail tech left and they couldn't do my nails. It just happened to come out in the conversation. So had they not called today, I would have shown up on Monday not knowing any of this. 

• imagekatelynsmom:
    imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:

I guess I don't understand why you feel like you deserve store credit from them. I'd completely be with you if you got there and they'd switched your eyebrow person and canceled your nails. But they asked before switching the person doing your brows and gave you four days notice that they don't have anyone who does the nails you want anymore.

Thats probably what I needed to hear then. Sometimes I over react.

What my thinking was I scheduled an appt for something and now they cannot provide it and that is bad business (IMO). Also, that they didn't call me to tell me the nail tech left and they couldn't do my nails. It just happened to come out in the conversation. So had they not called today, I would have shown up on Monday not knowing any of this. 

Oh that shifty and a half. I'd definitely be taking my business elsewhere!!

Mother's Day, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"