Babies on the Brain
Options

So since I found some Dr Who fans yesterday - any Torchwood fans?

Did you know they're doing a US version of Torchwood and that John Barrowman will play Captain Jack in this one too. I love John Barrowman as Captain Jack but I dislike the fact that they're doing a US version.

Oh, and after they film the first season of the US version they will film the 4th season of the UK version. I'm glad to know it's continuing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So since I found some Dr Who fans yesterday - any Torchwood fans?

• Options
    I have never heard of this.
  • Options
    I love Torchwood!  I don't see the point of a US version though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTim'sWifey:
    I have never heard of this.

It's on BBC America. It's an amazing Sci-Fi show; a spin-off of Doctor Who. 

• Options
    I haven't watched it, but DH loves it. I'll admit I liked Capt Jack when he was on Desperate Housewives last season, makes me want to give Torchwood a try.
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • Options

imageDiscordia1030:
    I haven't watched it, but DH loves it. I'll admit I liked Capt Jack when he was on Desperate Housewives last season, makes me want to give Torchwood a try.

He might be enough to convince me to watch Desperate Housewives, at least the episodes he was in. 

• Options

IGNORE my giant siggy, it is a joke. 

Anyway, I am a giant Torchwood fan! I am madly in love with John Barrowman. I hadn't even heard about a US version. I am quite curious how they will continue with a 4th season. Children of Earth pretty much killed off everyone I liked (ok, loved. Mad Ianto crush.) 

• Options
    imagePattypoundcake:

Anyway, I am a giant Torchwood fan! I am madly in love with John Barrowman. I hadn't even heard about a US version. I am quite curious how they will continue with a 4th season. Children of Earth pretty much killed off everyone I liked (ok, loved. Mad Ianto crush.) 

Ianto! Crying 

• Options
    imageMama_SAS:
    imagePattypoundcake:

Ianto! Crying 

I know she is the "main character" but I would have been perfectly fine with them killing off Gwen. In fact, I would even take Owen back if they would get rid of her.  

• Options
    Let me also add I love Doctor Who very much. I just can't get into the new guy though. I was a Chris Eccelston fan but David Tenant...I can't move on from him for some reason. 
  • Options
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageMama_SAS:
    imagePattypoundcake:

Ianto! Crying 

I know she is the "main character" but I would have been perfectly fine with them killing off Gwen. In fact, I would even take Owen back if they would get rid of her.  

Aw, I really like Gwen, but it might just be her Welsh accent. I do hate that they've killed off everyone but Jack and Gwen though. I thought they had great characters. (If you also watch Dr. Who) I would be excited if Mickey Smith joined the crew at the tech guy, but I could do without Martha Jones ever reappearing.

• Options

imagePattypoundcake:
    Let me also add I love Doctor Who very much. I just can't get into the new guy though. I was a Chris Eccelston fan but David Tenant...I can't move on from him for some reason. 

Your siggy is killing me!

I love David Tenant too, but I think Matt Smith is interesting.

They are splitting next season. Half of it will be in the spring and the other half in the fall. 

• Options
    imageMama_SAS:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageMama_SAS:
    imagePattypoundcake:

Ianto! Crying 

Aw, I really like Gwen, but it might just be her Welsh accent. I do hate that they've killed off everyone but Jack and Gwen though. I thought they had great characters. (If you also watch Dr. Who) I would be excited if Mickey Smith joined the crew at the tech guy, but I could do without Martha Jones ever reappearing.

LOL! I kind of like Freema Ageyman but I don't know that she was ever the perfect companion or Torchwood cast member (I think she is on Law and Order: UK now). I would LOVE to see Mickey as the tech guy! I do like Gwen's accent, and I really like Rhys but I think it super sucks that Ianto and  Tosh are gone. If I never see Rose's mom again it will be too soon. Really.  

• Options
    imageMama_SAS:

imagePattypoundcake:

They are splitting next season. Half of it will be in the spring and the other half in the fall. 

The girls on 1st tri think you need 75 tickers for one baby, and I figure if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I don't dislike Matt Smith, and it took me awhile to get into David Tennant. It will come, I am sure.

So...I have to know. What is your favorite Doctor Who episode?  

• Options
    imagePattypoundcake:

LOL! I kind of like Freema Ageyman but I don't know that she was ever the perfect companion or Torchwood cast member (I think she is on Law and Order: UK now). I would LOVE to see Mickey as the tech guy! I do like Gwen's accent, and I really like Rhys but I think it super sucks that Ianto and  Tosh are gone. If I never see Rose's mom again it will be too soon. Really.  

I'm currently watching the episode where they go to the alternative earth and meet Rose's mom and dad. Plus there's the extra Mickey/Ricky. What do you think - extra Mickey cancels out annoying Jackie Tyler?

We're watching it because DS is obsessed with Cybermen and that's what he's going as for Halloween. 

• Options
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageMama_SAS:

imagePattypoundcake:

The girls on 1st tri think you need 75 tickers for one baby, and I figure if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I don't dislike Matt Smith, and it took me awhile to get into David Tennant. It will come, I am sure.

So...I have to know. What is your favorite Doctor Who episode?  

I appreciate the joke siggy but it's still killing me!

Favorite episode is either Blink or The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances. Stephen Moffet is my favorite writer for sure.

Yours? 

• Options
    imageMama_SAS:
    imagePattypoundcake:

I'm currently watching the episode where they go to the alternative earth and meet Rose's mom and dad. Plus there's the extra Mickey/Ricky. What do you think - extra Mickey cancels out annoying Jackie Tyler?

We're watching it because DS is obsessed with Cybermen and that's what he's going as for Halloween. 

Are you going as Cyberwoman?? That would be some kickass costumes. DH wanted me to sew our son (Jack) a trenchcoat for halloween so he could go as Captain Jack...but I don't think anyone would get it :-)  

• Options
    imagePattypoundcake:

Are you going as Cyberwoman?? That would be some kickass costumes. DH wanted me to sew our son (Jack) a trenchcoat for halloween so he could go as Captain Jack...but I don't think anyone would get it :-)  

I was thinking I could go as pregnant Amy Pond, but no one would have a clue.

I vote for the Captain Jack costume too. Of course most people won't have a clue when this shows up at their door.

• Options
    imageMama_SAS:
    imagePattypoundcake:

I was thinking I could go as pregnant Amy Pond, but no one would have a clue.

I vote for the Captain Jack costume too. Of course most people won't have a clue when this shows up at their door.

OMG that is freaking awesome! Yea I don't think most would get Amy Pond. SOME might get it if you went as Rose. Wear a Union Jack shirt and have craggy hair, etc.

Blink is my VERY favorite (I can watch it dozens of times in a row and cry like a sap every time), followed by the Girl in the Fireplace and the episodes where he was human. I was watching the Oscars this year and yelled at my TV...OMG That is Sally Sparrow!  

• Options

imagePattypoundcake:
     I was watching the Oscars this year and yelled at my TV...OMG That is Sally Sparrow!  

LMAO! Me too!

Alright I have to go get DS to bed. Thanks for sharing my obsession.

• Options
    imageMama_SAS:

imageDiscordia1030:

He might be enough to convince me to watch Desperate Housewives, at least the episodes he was in. 

He played an ecoterrorist. S/o DW, I don't know when I'll be accessing a fully working comp and this one won't let me send or reply to pms, but if you want to see the OOD, pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • Options
    I'm a Doctor Who and Torchwood fan.  The US version of Torchwood is being done by Russell T. and Julie Gardner, the same producers of the UK one.  So, I'm looking forward to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"