D.C. Area Babies

1st bday party

okay, so ds is not 1 for 3 months but we are beginning to plan because everything gets so busy once halloween and thanksgiving etc come around...

what is a good time to have a party on a sunday?  it is for an hour and a half at a local little gym type facility.  DS normally naps now from 830-10am and then again from 1-245ish but I am not sure if that will change as he approaches one....we are planning on serving a few snacks and cake.  the majority of his guests will be between 18 and 24 months

which would you choose??? thanks

10:30-12

11-12:30 

2:30-4

4-5:30 

Re: 1st bday party

• Either 10:30 or 11.  DD's best times of the day are usually in the morning before her nap. If most of the guests go to daycare, it seems from my perspective that 18-24 month olds nap from about 1-3 on the daycare schedule.  I would think even toddlers who don't go to daycare would be down to 1 daily afternoon nap by then as well.   
  • If you don't want to serve lunch, I'd say 4:00.  (I'm assuming those times are windows set by the place where you're having the party.  Otherwise, I'd say 3:00 for a snacks and cake party so it's over before kids start eating dinner.)

If you're serving lunch, I'd say 11:00.  I don't think I'd have a party from 11-12:30 and not serve lunch.  A lot of kids will probably be going home to nap at 1:00 or 1:30 and won't have time to eat lunch between the party ending and nap time.  (Then again, depending on the snacks you're serving, what would be just snacks for grown ups may be plenty of food for toddlers to satisfy them until after their naps.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I was just talking to DH and we may do 11-12:30 and serve some heavier type snacks (that may serve as lunch for the little guys)....along with the cake...i just dont want to waste the whole time eating and it is a 90 min time limit.....

that being said, what are some good snacks that could be considered "lunch" for toddlers??? 

• imagedoggylovr:

that being said, what are some good snacks that could be considered "lunch" for toddlers??? 

Maybe something like cheese, crackers and fruit?

• thats exactly what I was thinking...thanks:-)
  • My vote would be for the 10:30 or 11 slot if most of the kids are 18 months and older. Most of them are probably on one nap a day and that way they can have their afternoon nap. DD usually takes one nap that can go from noon to 3pm. So, the 2:30 slot may not work for some people. The 4pm slot just seems really close to dinner time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"