Indiana Babies

toddler shoes are spendy.

Why is it that the "good" shoes are so freaking expensive? I just want a pair of brown athletic shoes like below that aren't $40-50, but are still decent for her feet.

Seriously? $50? She's going to wear them for 2-3 months, tops.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: toddler shoes are spendy.

• I know :/

But I got all nervous Andrew was going to get pigeon-toed and cost me more than $45 to fix that, so I figured, eh, what the heck...

...and then I got grandma to pay for them.. Wink

• I'm with you.  Maya just needs some tennis shoes but I can't find anything that I like that isn't $$.  I think she's just gonna keep rocking her one pair of pedipeds even when it looks ridiculous with her outfit.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshauna060708:
    I'm with you.  Maya just needs some tennis shoes but I can't find anything that I like that isn't $$.  I think she's just gonna keep rocking her one pair of pedipeds even when it looks ridiculous with her outfit.

Same here.

I see lots of shoes, and I see some great brands on sale or cheaper online (6pm.com, zappos, etc) but I hate the styles. I'm not getting her white with sparkly pink and purple stripes. NMS whatsoever. I'm thisclose to buying her a pair of boy's brown tennis shoes.

• imageNDwife07:
    . I'm not getting her white with sparkly pink and purple stripes.

:::shudders::

• imageNDwife07:

imageshauna060708:
    I'm with you.  Maya just needs some tennis shoes but I can't find anything that I like that isn't $$.  I think she's just gonna keep rocking her one pair of pedipeds even when it looks ridiculous with her outfit.

Same here.

I see lots of shoes, and I see some great brands on sale or cheaper online (6pm.com, zappos, etc) but I hate the styles. I'm not getting her white with sparkly pink and purple stripes. NMS whatsoever. I'm thisclose to buying her a pair of boy's brown tennis shoes.

I think boys have a much better selection of tennis shoes.  Isabella still doesn't have tennis shoes because all of them in her size are either too expensive, hard soled, fulgy or any combination of the three.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Boy shoes are not a bad option. If you get some with laces you can girl them up with pink shoe laces or something.  We might have to go that route too - we need laces or she tears her shoes off. I can't afford to lose a shoe every week!!

Target had some cute (not sparkly or glittery) tennis shoes for toddlers. They start at size 5 though.

• OMG, I might need these. In green. And pink.
  • Yes they are! I have two toddlers to buy for! I am glad grandma bought their stride rite shoes.
  • I actually got Jake his next pair of stride rites at the stride rite outlet in Edinburgh last weekend for $20.  He's a wide, so I can't seem to find used ones as easy :-(
  • You ought to have a toddler with the widest feet on the planet!!!  Not only do few places even carry wide shoes, they are the most pricey ones out there!!!  Forget cute.  We just need functional!
  • imagemanda429:
    I actually got Jake his next pair of stride rites at the stride rite outlet in Edinburgh last weekend for $20.  He's a wide, so I can't seem to find used ones as easy :-(

um stride rite outlet?!  I'm so there!

• imagemanda429:
    I actually got Jake his next pair of stride rites at the stride rite outlet in Edinburgh last weekend for $20.  He's a wide, so I can't seem to find used ones as easy :-(

Funny you say that - this whole thing stemmed from me going to the stride rite outlet today and finding absolutely nothing. I actually think I don't like SR shoes - lots of pink, lots of sparkly.

Bah.

• imageNDwife07:

imagemanda429:

Funny you say that - this whole thing stemmed from me going to the stride rite outlet today and finding absolutely nothing. I actually think I don't like SR shoes - lots of pink, lots of sparkly.

Bah.

That is a shame.  Their boys are cute. I just looked on their site and the girls shoes are fug!

• imageamstep:
    You ought to have a toddler with the widest feet on the planet!!!  Not only do few places even carry wide shoes, they are the most pricey ones out there!!!  Forget cute.  We just need functional!

Landon is wide and Jalen is EXTRA wide!

• imageBride7-14-07:

imageamstep:
    You ought to have a toddler with the widest feet on the planet!!!  Not only do few places even carry wide shoes, they are the most pricey ones out there!!!  Forget cute.  We just need functional!

Landon is wide and Jalen is EXTRA wide!

Jonah is Fred Flintstone!

• Lauren, I love those Saucony shoes!  I wish they started a smidge smaller because Maya is firmly in a 4 and I need something now...
  • imageshauna060708:
    Lauren, I love those Saucony shoes!  I wish they started a smidge smaller because Maya is firmly in a 4 and I need something now...

Is Maya in the 6-12 PediPeds?

Ella is in her 12-18 but they're big. The 6-12 just seem too small overall but I can still get them on her feet. I really need to get her measured in "real" sizes.

• These aren't as plain and they are from last year, we got them at the outlet this summer and I did see some hits on diapers.com, but they really went with everything https://www.amazon.com/Stride-Rite-Toddler-Terry-Sneaker/dp/B002GKAGJ2

They are classified as a sneaker, but really they go with everything.  Of course when Grandma is buying it's easier to pull the trigger!

P.S. At least she doesn't want Dora shoes, we almost had to get some Dora flip-flops a few weeks ago, yuck! 

• Check endless.com for deals - occasionally they will have buy 2 pairs of kids' shoes get 30% off or something like that.  With free ship/no tax (amazon affiliated) it's generally a good deal.

Jackson had a pair of shoes like those Saucony ones - but they were Adidas.  We loooooooooved those, and I was so sad when he sized out of them (toddler sizes only and he wears an 11.5 now).

Another place to check if you have an outlet near you is the Puma or Adidas outlets.  Edinburgh has both and they generally have a few pairs/styles of toddler shoes that are very reasonably priced.  I'm not a giant fan of Stride Rites, so I've always looked elsewhere (esp because of the price).  Adidas also makes XW, I think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNDwife07:
    OMG, I might need these. In green. And pink.

umm...yes!  These are so stinking cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFinallyMrsBMW:

imageNDwife07:
    OMG, I might need these. In green. And pink.

umm...yes!  These are so stinking cute!

ditto!

• Consignment is always worth a look- I get most of DD's shoes at Once Upon a Child.

I refuse to pay more than $10-15 for a pair of shoes she'll wear for a few months!

• imageNDwife07:

imageshauna060708:
    Lauren, I love those Saucony shoes!  I wish they started a smidge smaller because Maya is firmly in a 4 and I need something now...

Ella is in her 12-18 but they're big. The 6-12 just seem too small overall but I can still get them on her feet. I really need to get her measured in "real" sizes.

Maya's PPs are 12-18 with a little room to grow.  Got her measured at Stride Rite about 1.5 months ago and she was in a 4.  They said that most kids stay in the same size for 3-4 months then increase a 1/2 size...

• imageNDwife07:

imageshauna060708:

Stride Rite's website has a printable template for measuring their feet.  I used that since we don't have a Stride Rite locally.  I get them measured at the store sometime when I'm in Indy, but this works for now.  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Stride Rite's girl shoes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just got these 2 pairs for Evie for the fall/winter.  I had a coupon and a merch credit at nordstrom from a long time ago so it wasn't so bad.

She likes the converse bc she has learned to put them on herself (although rarely on the right foot) 

These she can't get off on her own so I like them

Deleted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"