Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Unpopular Opinion Thursday

Post yours now!

Here's mine - I hate salsa.  I don't know what it is because I like tomatoes and I love onions, but I hate salsa - I've tried all sorts of different brands, flavors, hot/mild, etc...I hate them all.  And I don't know one other person who doesn't like it.  Is there anyone who's with me??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thursday

• Options

Salsa is delicious, you're nuts Wink

Mine: I plan to let #2 sleep on their tummy just like I did with #1 so they sleep better and longer.  SIDS be damned.

• Options

I hated salsa until I was in my 20s. Then for some reason, I grew to like it. Now I eat it with chips and in burritos, etc. You still have time! LOL!

Mine might be more of a FFFC:

I really don't understand people's need to write elaborate birth stories and share them. It's so odd to me. Granted, I'm very non-schmoopy about birth: I go in, get my drugs, and have the baby, with no advanced "plan" and am just thrilled that everyone is healthy. I totally understand that for many (most?) women, birth is a much bigger deal and that I'm not normal. But I still can't really understand the need to write out every detail and share them with the world. I mean there is a whole board for it!  Hell, my DH barely cares about hearing details and he was there. Heh. If someone asks me, I generally say "Went into labor at 4 AM, got epi at 7 AM at 6 cm, watched some TV, and then pushed for 10 or so minutes at 12:40, and had the baby." Maybe it's because I've had easy labor and deliveries? Or because I like drugs? Or maybe I'm just heartless.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageschnappycat:

I really don't understand people's need to write elaborate birth stories and share them. It's so odd to me. Granted, I'm very non-schmoopy about birth: I go in, get my drugs, and have the baby, with no advanced "plan" and am just thrilled that everyone is healthy. I totally understand that for many (most?) women, birth is a much bigger deal and that I'm not normal. But I still can't really understand the need to write out every detail and share them with the world. I mean there is a whole board for it!  Hell, my DH barely cares about hearing details and he was there. Heh. If someone asks me, I generally say "Went into labor at 4 AM, got epi at 7 AM at 6 cm, watched some TV, and then pushed for 10 or so minutes at 12:40, and had the baby." Maybe it's because I've had easy labor and deliveries? Or because I like drugs? Or maybe I'm just heartless.

Not flaming, just responding to answer your "why." When I was pregnant, I felt like people loved sharing their birth horror stories- the emergency c-section, the hemorraging that resulted in a blood transfusion, the baby born having swallowed loads of meconium, etc. While I know the tellers of these tales thought they were being helpful, I would have liked to get an equal dose of positive stories. I read tons of books with positive stories to dispel my fears (lna May Gaskin rocks!), but didn't get many personal stories, hence my wanting to share my own story publicly (it's in my bio and I've posted it on the boards before). I actually love reading birth stories.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hate football.

Actually going to the occasional game is ok but having to watch every.single.game on tv, decking out a room in 'your teams' logo and dressing up your kid as the mascot (or whatever) is not cute to me. I have no loyalty to my schools sports teams what so ever.

(disclaimer: To each their own and such! I dont think your cheerleader/football jersey sporting LO in siggys are un-cute, just their outfits! Wink)

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't like cold lunches (sandwiches, salads, etc). I eat a hot lunch almost every day.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageanna7602:
    I don't like cold lunches (sandwiches, salads, etc). I eat a hot lunch almost every day.

My DH is the same way!

So regarding my u/o, I will say that I DO enjoy reading the far out, crazy birth stories sometimes. The ones where they deliver in the car with the help of their 10 year old or something like that. But I still don't understand the need to detail each run-of-the-mill story where they write a page for each cm they are dilated. I guess I just don't need to remember my experience to that detail. But I know I'm one of the few, which is why it's my u/o today.  

• Options

Love salsa...sorry I couldn't help you out there.

But I really don't care for super hot foods. I like to taste what I am eating and some people in Louisiana don't understand that concept. 

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options
    I never understood the Christmas/Holiday letters received by certain family members about their year and the going ons: bought a new car, the 3rd vacation of the year, etc....seems like rubbing it in especially since a lot of us have been hit by financial hardships.  It's one thing if we all lived all over the country, but we're in constant contact and live nearby.
  • Options

The Trying to Get Pregnant board posters are a little high strung.  I guess I'm just use to the calmness of this board.  They get on you if you are not charting and the poor newbies over there. 

I like salsa, but I don't eat the actual chunks, just the juice.  Have you tried the salsa that has fruit in it? 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    imagemomtoRaegan041008:

I like salsa, but I don't eat the actual chunks, just the juice.  Have you tried the salsa that has fruit in it? 

Ah, fruit...now that sounds good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options

imageFloF9:
    I never understood the Christmas/Holiday letters received by certain family members about their year and the going ons: bought a new car, the 3rd vacation of the year, etc....seems like rubbing it in especially since a lot of us have been hit by financial hardships.  It's one thing if we all lived all over the country, but we're in constant contact and live nearby.

I totally get this. My extended family sends the letters with elaborate letters about trips to Italy, ski trips, etc etc. On the opposite extreme- my mom got so annoyed about the bragging letters (as she calls them) that one year that she sent out a letter that literally said "We're barely making ends meet now that the economy had down-turned. We don't make any purchases that aren't necessary" and the rest was about how at least they had their church and then a prayer than went for about 5 paragraphs. It was embarrasing just to read!

• Options

imageFloF9:

We have a family within our family that does this.  It always gives a good laugh.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options

Mine is a big one...

I hate Halloween. I dont understand dressing kids up, taking them out for candy, and exposing them to things that are suppose to make them scared. My son loves to dress up, and can at home. He isnt allowed to have any candy and I wont let him for beg for it from neighbors. And he has no clue what a ghost is, or anything else like that.

That all being said, we love fall. We have been apple and pumpkin picking. Made lots of fall crafts and cooking projects. Our house is decorated with corn stalks and pumpkins and gourds. We talk about the harvest and the change of seasons.

For as long as I can, I wont take DS trick or treating. I dont see the point. Maybe next year, or the year after, I hope to plan a fall party with games and prizes and fun for all DS's friends. This seems much more practical to me.

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageVTbride05:

Mine is a big one...

I hate Halloween. I dont understand dressing kids up, taking them out for candy, and exposing them to things that are suppose to make them scared. My son loves to dress up, and can at home. He isnt allowed to have any candy and I wont let him for beg for it from neighbors. And he has no clue what a ghost is, or anything else like that.

That all being said, we love fall. We have been apple and pumpkin picking. Made lots of fall crafts and cooking projects. Our house is decorated with corn stalks and pumpkins and gourds. We talk about the harvest and the change of seasons.

For as long as I can, I wont take DS trick or treating. I dont see the point. Maybe next year, or the year after, I hope to plan a fall party with games and prizes and fun for all DS's friends. This seems much more practical to me.

Indifferent  VT for the biggest UO in my book! I <3 Halloween and all of its spooky, creepy, candy grubbing traditions! Your disdain for my favorite holiday saddens me just a little. But your fall traditions sound fun, we do a lot of the same things too.

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJune2007:
    imageVTbride05:

Indifferent  VT for the biggest UO in my book! I <3 Halloween and all of its spooky, creepy, candy grubbing traditions! Your disdain for my favorite holiday saddens me just a little. But your fall traditions sound fun, we do a lot of the same things too.

I know, I know! I am just not a fan! Give me Thanksgiving with the family or Christmas with all of it's special meanings, but I am not an Oct 31st fan. Luckily this year we will be in ARUBA! :)

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageVTbride05:
    imageJune2007:
    imageVTbride05:

I know, I know! I am just not a fan! Give me Thanksgiving with the family or Christmas with all of it's special meanings, but I am not an Oct 31st fan. Luckily this year we will be in ARUBA! :)

See, I'm not a big fan of Thanksiving! I'm sure that's a very UO. But maybe it's because we are usually alone. And I'm not a huge cook and don't see the need to cook a giant meal for just us. So I just make the basics (small turkey, veggies, store bought pie) and we just hang around all day. Very uneventful. We have started doing the Turkey Trot in the AM to give us our own tradition. But otherwise, I never really understood why people love it so much. It's just a giant meal that takes all day to cook. Too much waiting around and boredom.

As far as Halloween, I think it's fun to see the kids in costume and ToT, but I could care a less about haunted houses, parties, or adult costumes. It's not my thing. I definitely like taking the kids out (and my DS does get candy so this doesn't bother me), but that's as far as it goes. 

• Options
    I love my Hunter rain boots! I love to walk through puddles. It brings out the kid in me and puts a smile on my face
  • Options
    imageschnappycat:
    imageVTbride05:
    imageJune2007:
    imageVTbride05:

See, I'm not a big fan of Thanksiving! I'm sure that's a very UO. But maybe it's because we are usually alone. And I'm not a huge cook and don't see the need to cook a giant meal for just us. So I just make the basics (small turkey, veggies, store bought pie) and we just hang around all day. Very uneventful. We have started doing the Turkey Trot in the AM to give us our own tradition. But otherwise, I never really understood why people love it so much. It's just a giant meal that takes all day to cook. Too much waiting around and boredom.

As far as Halloween, I think it's fun to see the kids in costume and ToT, but I could care a less about haunted houses, parties, or adult costumes. It's not my thing. I definitely like taking the kids out (and my DS does get candy so this doesn't bother me), but that's as far as it goes. 

I agree with you on Thanksgiving! Its fun when we have a big get together with distant family but most of the time its just our local family who we regularly have dinner with anyway. I'm also a vegetarian so the turkey thing is gross to me. And waiting alllllll day to stuff myself on mashed potatoes and pie and then the inevitable feeling like a bloated cow afterward... eh, I could take it or leave it. It does give November some spice though and is a precursor to the wonderful awesomeness that is Black Friday!

However I am big on adult parties, haunted houses and scary movies too! I am all about Halloween, I even worked at Busch Gardens Halloween event (Howl-O-Scream) for 3 years as various ghosts and monsters. I even dress my dog up! And we visit every seasonal Halloween shop in town just for fun, DD loves all of the scary props.

• Options
    Oh but have fun in Aruba you lucky lady!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"