Eco-Friendly Family

bleaching the diapers.

Ok, I'm finally gonna do it (it's been busy around here, and I won't lie, I'm enjoying the convenience of paper diapers. So sue me.).

1/2 a cup, is that right? Then do I do like a bajillion hot rinses?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
theluckiest
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: bleaching the diapers.

• You don't need to do that many rinses, but definitely soak for at least ten minutes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only did a 1/4 cup and ended up soaking for 10, then doing a full wash again and two extra rinses.   I'm halfway through my stash.

I can't wait to kill the yeasty beasties this time that are living on her so she'll back back in cloth.  The smell is killing me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I normally just do a hot wash w/ a slug of bleach (my washer has a slot for bleach and I fill it up) and then rinse a few times until the bleach smell isn't quite so overpowering.

• Ok, walk me through this, I need to strip a few... do you wash the diapers to get any yuckys off, then run a hot wash with bleach, soaking for 10 mins, and then rinse a bunch of times?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1/2 cup is what my dispenser holds, so that's what I use if I'm bleaching them. I'd do your normal wash/rinse routine, with maybe one more wash/rinse (sans detergent of bleach). 
  • I did 1/4 cup. Did not soak (I have a HE FLer). Cold/cold. The hot water deactivates some of the killer ninja vibes of the bleach... or so says google.

?

Worked for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"