Cloth Diapering

CD and Community Laundry Room???

Does anyone here CD without having your own washer/dryer? I was hoping we could find an apartment with our own w/d but I think it is out of our budget (UGH Los Angeles!).

You can't do things like "rinse" in an apartment laundry room. I certainly can't line dry in the sun (but maybe air dry on a rack by a window??). I really want to cloth diaper, at least partially. Is it doable or should I give up on the dream? What about those weird little apartment washing machines that you hook up to the sink?

Charlie: Wowing the Masses with His Adorableness Since March 16, 2011 http://operationicingonthecake.wordpress.com/

Re: CD and Community Laundry Room???

• I think you'd need to have a machine that you can do extra rinse cycles and adjust the water temp. 

Personally, I'd look into a diaper service in your area.  I won't be doing that, but I've read that some services you use their diapers and other services you use your own but they do all the washing.  That might be the way to go, or at least to look into.  GL

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • You should still be able to run a prewash or short cycle, so that won't be a problem and if you really can't do that, you could always run a second cycle without detergent (or interrupt a cycle).  Plenty of people do it, so I wouldn't count you out of the CD game because you don't have your own washer.  You can definitely sun in a window too!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it might be really hard, but possible if your motivated.  Maybe consider hybrid diapers?  

My grandmother washed her cloth diapers in the bath tub every night, sometimes boiled them.  She line dried them.  It seems like a lot of work to me but she did it for four kids.  DH was raised in a small African village where they also hand washed diapers.

• I dont have a w/d of my own. I have a community laundry room in my building, here is what I do. I run a whole cold wash without detergent, then  hot or warm wash with detergent,then another one without (so it's rinse,wash,rinse). After that I dry on low or line dry.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but really it isn't. It takes longer ,but it's not too bad. If you really want to CD then you can do it. I do laundry every two or three days and cloth diaper full time. HTH

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"