Potty Training

Am I messing this up?

We've been working on potty training all week. During the day he wears the thicker training underwear and we try to take him to sit on the potty about every hour or so. The last two days, DS has been home with me instead of at daycare because he has croup. He doesn't like to tell us that he needs to go potty and there have been more than a few times that I'll ask if he needs to go potty, he'll say "no," and 2 minutes later he's had an accident. So today we went to sit on the potty and he just goofed off for the entire time. So I told him that he needed to wear a diaper instead of big boy undies until he pees in the potty. Was that totally wrong to do?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image

Re: Am I messing this up?

• Maybe it was a bad time to start...he is sick right?  I would try again in a few weeks and just put everything away.  If he asks to use the potty great if not...don't put any pressure on hiim.  I am having a tough time with my DD too...she just doesn't want to go on the potty ALL the time only when SHE feels like it...so I just praise her every time (sometime a reward too) she goes on her own and if she has an accident I TRY to keep cool. GL and so far PTing sucks!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"