Northern California Babies

XP: scrapbooking for a cause

blog link:

https://barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/09/give.html

money quote:

"Lua Nova is a non-profit organization based outside of Sao Paulo, Brazil that houses and rehabilitates adolescent mothers in recovery from drug use, prostitution, homelessness, abuse, and abandonment. Many all of the above. The process of recovering from a drug addiction, forced prostitution or domestic abuse is already a challenge of Everest proportions, but couple such events with the fact that you are only 16, your family is almost entirely absent and abusive, and on top of everything you are now a mother.

Here's where you and your extra scrapbooking supplies come in: Julianne would like to give each of the girls she is working with a scrapbook so that they can document their new lives with their children.  Just something simple that the girls could put photos of their kids in or write about their experiences. What do you think? Can you help?"

I'm going to make at least one. Maybe we could have a GTG and pool our swag for even more/better books?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: scrapbooking for a cause

• I'm bumping this up...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I posted on the Nest, but I'll respond here, too.  I'm happy to try again to host a GTG (I never followed through with the last one because the dates in Sept. weren't any good) and I'll definitely contribute!

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"