Breastfeeding
Options

RP: Anyone's LO eats very little while at DC?

This is my 2nd week back at work, and my 11.5 wks old DD only eats between 2-4 ounces total from the bottles during the time I'm at work (6:30AM-4PM). Last week, she ate ZERO ounces. She doesn't really "make it up" or clusters feeds at night, but she continues to eat every 3-4 hrs around the clock like she used to. Anyone else? Please tell me that this will get better, and she will eventually take more..?? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker

Re: RP: Anyone's LO eats very little while at DC?

• Options
    My DD did that.  She HATED taking a bottle.  It was a huge ordeal.  She gradually worked her way up to taking 12 oz/day, which I was happy enough with.  Hang in there, it should get better over time!  I think it was about a month before DD was consistently taking 3 4-oz bottles, and every now and then she would still have a setback day; but she was healthy and happy and did just fine.  Remember that some babies STTN and go 8-12 hours without eating then, so if your DD is still nursing during the night (mine did and still does--yawn), she is probably getting all she needs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, I also hope that it gets better as she gets older. It's good to hear that your LO actually worked her way up to 12 oz/day. I would love for her to take a little bit more, maybe 8-oz. She still nurses every 2-3 hrs at night (yes, me too... yawn!), so I hope she gets what she needs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"