Infertility
Options

estrodial levels?

I'm on CD5 and have had 3 days so far of 75 IU of menopur (I'll have my 4th tonight) and 4 days of 5 mg of femara. My RE emailed to say we should go forward with a follie scan on Thursday, so I thought my number would be high.

But i just got the lab result and it's the lowest I've had. I had a 99 in July which was a random cycle day. And a 66 on CD 3 on my last cycle. Is this low? normal/average for this day in my cycle? 

I'm sure I'm getting worked up over nothing and trying to find some info online, but I was just surprised to see it lower than my other levels. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: estrodial levels?

• Options

hmm..it's hard to say. When I went in on Monday (4 days after starting 75follistim+75menopur) my Estradiol was at like 140 something? My RE doubled my dosage of follistim on Weds. because I wasn't progressing as quickly as he wanted, and today my Estradiol is 403, and that's after 7 full days of stims.

He explained to me today that some patients just plateau on certain cycles. He's keeping me on a higher dosage of follistim through the weekend, and I will probably trigger on Monday for my ivf.

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. THey were being really cautious b/c of my high number of antral follicles, so maybe after my scan we'll have a better idea (and increase or add other meds if necessary).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh and mine today was 52 - it just seems low for three days of stims already. I'm just feeling prematurely frustrated (and trying to plan a weekend getaway in 3 weeks).

• Options
    Try not to stress too much! I know it's easier said than done ;) But the good news is that they're monitoring you closely and can manipulate your meds to get things moving along better, if need be.
    Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

On CD 7 my estradiol was 686 but I was just on straight follistim - no femara.  I def. over responded to injectables but with our MFI we decided to go ahead.

I am not sure what the normal level is supposed to be but I know mine was too high...

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    RE just emailed and said it's really low, but said b/c I'm on Femara as well, that may be the reason. She's still going to see me Saturday to look for growth and then if need be change my menopur dosages. I really hope there has been some growth.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"