Breastfeeding
Options

Those pumping...

I am trying to build up a freezer stash.  I go back to work the week after Thanksgiving, and DH will be home with DD until February.  I want to have a decent freezer stash for emergencies.  

I've been attempting to pump after DD eats in the mornings, however, I seem to have a needy/fussy/needs to be held baby.  So, I don't always have the time to pump before it's almost time for her to eat again.  She's been eating every 2-3hrs these days (mostly every 2 during the day lately, every 3 at night).  

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can still manage to get a regular pumping session in?  I was attempting mornings because milk supply is higher then.  I can probably fit a pumping session in at some point everyday, but, it's almost impossible to be consistent with what time it would occur. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Those pumping...

• Options
    I try to pump when he naps. he used to fall asleep during feedings so that when I would do it. If he was fussy, I would try and pump in between feedings. I would pump an hour after feeding and two hours later the milk would be in enough for him. It was hard for me to keep a stash up before I went to work, Even now, I am pumping for the next day's feedings. He eats 3 bottles a day so I try and have 6 ready for him every monday just in case for back-up (Like if I can't pump enough for 3 bottles) and I make up for it on the weekends. I also take fenugreek to keep my suplly up and drink TONS of water, way more than when I was pregnant. I do have to squeeze in a few pumping sessions on the weekends to have the 6 bottles full and ready each monday. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Can you pump before he eats in the am?  I do this every day, wake up at 5am-pump, then wake up DD at 5:30 to feed b/c she'd never be able to drain me.  But she STTN, so I'm pretty full.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you pump on one side while he nurses in the morning? I still do this, first thing in the morning, and it's my best pump of the day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    During my first morning feeding I feed DS on only one side and I pump the other. I pump while I am feeding him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"