May 2011 Moms

What a week...

So, in addition to the 'sploding-out-both-ends early in the week, and the confusion over my test stuff...I almost got into an accident today.

It's been raining most of the week, and I was on my way back from running errands and saw the light ahead turn yellow.  I was far enough back to have a nice slow stop, and decided to play it safe(though I could've run it before it turned red).  From what happened next, all we can figure is I hit a puddle and hydroplaned, because the car spun out into the (thankfully empty) intersection, doing a complete 360 before I was able to stop it.  I'm really glad that A) all the other traffic was either already stopped, stopping, or behind me at that point, and B) I didn't slingshot into another lane or a lightpost or something.  I'm fine, car's fine...I was just really shaken up and had to pull into the gas station next to the intersection to calm down, look the car over, and call DH.  Ironically, one of the other three corners of the intersection was a hospital, though a friend insists it would still have taken 15+ minutes to get paramedics out there if I'd needed medical help.

On the plus side, after I got home I got a phone call from the OB office, and when I called them back they put me on with the prenatal nurse, who wasn't sure why anyone had called me, but said they had everything but my thrombo. test back, and nothing was marked in red--she said she'd have the Dr call me back later to explain the results but that everything looked pretty normal.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What a week...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"