March 2011 Moms
Options

? for those who previously had a c-section

I had a c-section with my son in 12/2007.  The recovery was very painful and would still have sensitivity and even pain in the incision area throughout the following year or so.  I had called the doctor once but they didn?t seem to think I had anything to worry about.  I haven?t had any pain or anything in that area until last night.  I was in bed and felt that it was burning and then felt sore when I touched the area.  It seems to be the inside not the outside incision.  I just called my doctor?s office and they are going to call me back.  I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems or ever heard of this.  I am freaking out a little imagining the worst of what could be going on inside my body.  TIA

Re: ? for those who previously had a c-section

• Options
    I have no advice, but I hope you get answers soon. Could it be the skin around the scar stretching?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have not yet experienced this, but I did hear from a friend that it can hurt more when the scar tissue stretches, since scar tissue is just less "stretchy". 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't, but I definitely read about it on msg. boards before TTC since I was curious. 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a very easy c-section with DD.  I do have some pain and a little burning from time to time  where my scar is.  It really spotty though kind of like my RLP.  I talked to me Ob about it and he said there will be some additional pain and or irritation there because of the scar tissue.  The amount of pain usually has to do with how the incision healed, the amount of scar tissue, and where the tissue attached to. 

Unfortuatley I'm not sure there's really anything you can do outside of a tylenol.  GL I hope it gets better for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"