Stay at Home Moms

I need you ladies to stop me.

Stop me from blowing up.  From posting a juvenile response to a wall posting on Facebook.  Nothing good can come from it.

I posted a while back about MIL taking a cruise and wanting us to move DD#2's bday party for it.  Originally I thought it was just MIL going with her siblings.  Now today I see DH's cousin posted on SIL's wall about getting new clothes for the cruise and how she and SIL get to share a room, yay!

Um, wtf?  There is CLEARLY favoritism going on here.  I know SIL isn't paying her way, she can't afford it (IL's share way too much).  So not only am I expected to move the bday party (and I'm not), but SIL gets a free f-ing cruise on top of it?  I so want to comment and ask, "So whose room do DH and I get to share?" 

There is a lot of other family going, we weren't even invited.  I don't get it.  We're close to this side of the family.  Why do something like this?  Why exclude people?  Why create hard feelings when a simple invitation would make things fair?  

It's always one step forward, two steps back with these people.  Sad   

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need you ladies to stop me.

• I'm so sorry. It's so unfair.

You are already the bigger person since you're venting on here and you know better than to post something snarky.

Big hugs! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I remember your other posts.  The whole situation is stupid and NOT FAIR.

You know, though?  The best way to go about everything is to act like NOTHING IS WRONG.  You go ahead and have that party when YOU want to and flat out ignore anything else that is said about moving it or any whining you hear about the timing of it.  Flat. Out. Ignore.   And ignore any talk about this cruise.  Act like them going on it affects you in NO way.

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies:)  The toughest part is that we are always supportive for everything everyone else has going on.  We show up for every family thing.  Graduations, showers, annual get-togethers, etc.  We even organize the annual family camping weekend.  DH is close to his family, especially the ones at the center of this whole cruise debacle.  Yet, family that bails on everything is invited on the cruise.  I just don't get it.  We offer our support, but it's also expected.  That's why this hurts....we have to be there for everyone else but we don't get any of the fun?  Frustrating.

I'm also afraid that if we say something (to MIL) we'll get the standard, "I'm sure we told you about it".  :::sigh:::  That's her get-out-of-jail-free card for anything she is questioned about.  I hate it because I don't appreciate my brain being blamed when they are the ones at fault.  Believe me, if someone had invited me on a cruise, not only would I remember it, I definitely wouldn't say no.  If DH and I (we'll spare the kids;) had to eat Ramen noodles for 6 months to make it happen, we'd GO on that cruise!

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't post something on Fb. Nothing good can from it.

I would however, call MIL and ask her flat out why you weren't invited. I am not confrontational by any means, but this would kill me. Tell her that all the FB posting about everyone going really hurts you and your DH's feelings.

I wouldn't hide how you feel.

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • imageRebekah1021:

Don't post something on Fb. Nothing good can from it.

I would however, call MIL and ask her flat out why you weren't invited. I am not confrontational by any means, but this would kill me. Tell her that all the FB posting about everyone going really hurts you and your DH's feelings.

I wouldn't hide how you feel.

This exactly. I wouldn't be able to hide there and get all steamed up! I'm way more confrontational than facebook though lol the phone is more direct. And not to tell you to purposely make her feel guilty, but I would definitely tell her that your feelings are very hurt! That is just so unfair!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"