Babies on the Brain
Options

scary things Nurses say

Nurse "so Mrs_B, you concieved through IVF, is that correct?"

me: "yep."

Nurse: "sooo...did you have to like, do all that Egg Retrieval/Implantation type thing too?"

me: "IndifferentHmm Umm, yep."

Nurse: "OH Ok. I'm just trying to get your dates."

what I really wanted to say was "no, we did the OTHER type of IVF." Tongue Tied

Re: scary things Nurses say

• Options

Um yeah, WTF else did she think you did? Oh, maybe she just thought they went spelunking with the ute goggles.

Yay 12 weeks!!!

I'm a bird.
  • Options
    LMAO!  Sometimes nurses are twits.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LFWisBack Our Guardian Angels: 11.06 * 6.09 * 12.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It doesn't bother me as much that she didn't know the details since it's not her specialty area.  However- she could have asked it in a less twit-like way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm just going to throw this out there.  Usually there are medical assistants running around doctors offices acting as "nurses" giving nurses bad names. Just sayin.

• Options
    Maybe she thought you used donor eggs?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLambie.:

I'm just going to throw this out there.  Usually there are medical assistants running around doctors offices acting as "nurses" giving nurses bad names. Just sayin.

LOL. I totally thought of you Lambie after I posted this, sorry! You are right though - she could have been just a med assistant. Big Smile

and maybe she thought I did donor - but it was just the way she asked it that seemed off - OH and the fact that this is like my 3rd appointment & my EDD is in their records already. ha. 

• Options

Hey hey hey... i'm a nurse and not a twit.  I have made my share of stupid comments before but it happens to the best of us. 

Lambie, I totally agree about the med assistant.  It angers me when someone claims to be a "nurse" and they are not.  I worked extremely hard for my degree.  Also, I do not call myself a doctor.  Just saying...

• Options

Nurses can either be the most amazing people in the world, who make everything better (my RE nurse, who yelled at insurance companies for me and cried when we saw this baby's heartbeat)...

or your worst nightmare, who make everything worse (the nurse at my OB's who told me my second loss "didn't count" and then demanded to know if I "really needed the Zofran or if I could try and just be a little tougher" with this little one.)

• Options

Yes, point well taken.  There are some who i'm not sure how they graduated nursing school let alone passed state boards and their taking care of all of us. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"