Breastfeeding
Options

Sore Nipples

This is my first time posting on the breastfeeding board......so if this has been asked before I'm sorry.  My son is 11 days old and is eating like a champ.  While I was in the hospital a LC gave me a medela nipple shield to use because my nipples were flat and Landon had a hard time latching.  The shield has been wonderful and I can nurse without it with no problems.  My only problem is that my nipples are starting to get sore.  I cover them in lanisoh cream but then they stick to the breast pads (which hurts like hell when I have to peel them off).  I've been using the shield again to nurse to give my nipples a break but do not want to use it all of the time.  Do you have any suggestions for getting my nipples healed??  The one LC I saw in the hospital was extremely rough with my breasts and nipples (it was hard for me to sit still that's how rough she was plus I have extremely sensitive nipples) and I'm a little nervous about her touching them again so I've put off calling a LC.  Any thoughts you have would be great.  TIA

Re: Sore Nipples

• Options
    You could alternate between using the lansinoh cream and just putting breast milk on your nipples. Make sure you let them air dry as well before putting your bra flaps back up (if you can).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"