Infertility
Options

anyone know "rules" about treatments and adoption?

If our upcoming IVF fails (and we have no frosties), I think we are going to start looking seriously at adopting from India (and yes I thought of it before Julia Roberts ;)

Does anyone know if there are/what are the rules about pursuing an adoption when you are undergoing treatments, as we might continue doing IUIs?  TIA!

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone know "rules" about treatments and adoption?

• Options

You may want to ask the Adoption board.

The clinic I have considered in Texas gives preference to IF couples - it has to be documented and you have to no longer be seeking treatment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Policies vary from agency to agency, so you would have to call around to local agencies to find out what their policies are.

Having said that, when we were adopting from Korea we met with three different agencies. Two had policies against pursuing fertility treatments while going through the adoption process. the third did not, but if you did get pregnant, you were required to notify them as soon as you confirmed the pregnancy and how they dealt with your case depended on how far along you were in the process. For example, if it was pre-referral, they would just pull you out of the process and put your file on hold. If it was post-referral, they would review your case on an individual basis.

As for India, If I recall correctly, unless you are of Indian ethnicity, Indian adoptions were not possible anymore? I could be wrong though...

GL!

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info LMM.  My DH is an NRI (non-resident Indian), and yes at least one parent typically needs to be.
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),

Thankful for every day

• Options

imagekthappy76:
    Thanks for the info LMM.  My DH is an NRI (non-resident Indian), and yes at least one parent typically needs to be.

you're welcome! :-) And in that case, yes, you would qualify!! GL!!

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Options

just in case you were interested, here's the link to India adoptions for the agency we worked with:

https://www.chsfs.org/services/adoption/international-adoption/countries/india/overview/idia

• Options
    imagelovemymonkey:

just in case you were interested, here's the link to India adoptions for the agency we worked with:

https://www.chsfs.org/services/adoption/international-adoption/countries/india/overview/idia

Thanks for the link! :)

Thankful for every day

• Options
    In the little research I did regarding adoption, most agencies said it is better that you no longer pursue fertility treatment during adoption.  The agencies felt that you might not have fully grieved the lose of having a biological child, and may not be emotionally ready for adoption. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"