Adoption

XP from IF: treatments and adoption

If our upcoming IVF fails (and we have no frosties), I think we are going to start looking seriously at adopting from India (and yes I thought of it before Julia Roberts ;)

Does anyone know if there are/what are the rules about pursuing an int'l adoption when you are undergoing treatments, as we might continue doing IUIs?  TIA!

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP from IF: treatments and adoption

• It's likely going to be agency-specific, and possibly country-specific.

Our agency wanted us to be done with treatments and focus all of our emotions, energy, and finances on adoption. But not all agencies are that way. Check out some specific agency websites and/or call them, and they can give you specifics.

GL

• imageDr.Loretta:

It's likely going to be agency-specific, and possibly country-specific.

Our agency wanted us to be done with treatments and focus all of our emotions, energy, and finances on adoption. But not all agencies are that way. Check out some specific agency websites and/or call them, and they can give you specifics.

GL

Thanks! :)

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We are adopting from Korea and had to sign something saying we wouldn't pursue IF treatments while adopting. Also, a pregnancy would put the apoption on hold. I think this is a requirement of the Korean agency that my agency works with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"