High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Is a home delivery possible with FVL?

DH and I are doing the Bradley Method and I love the idea of a home delivery, but is it something that is possible when you have FVL and on 80 a day of Lovenox? I'd ask my dr but I honestly don't trust him to tell me the truth, just what he wants (he's already mentioned inducing me a week early because he's going on vacation).

Re: Is a home delivery possible with FVL?

• Options

The answer is no. I just called a local birthing center.

• Options

Figured as much--sorry for not responding yesterday, I didn't see this post...but I was basically told the same thing several years ago while under treatment for my second DVT(when they found out I had FVL)...to quote the folks at the hospital(and my mom, who did have a homebirth for her last pregnancy), "No homebirth midwife worth her certification would touch your case."

Pretty big disappointment, especially considering that had been my plan since I was 8(attended the births of all three younger siblings, and recognized that my sister's birth had all the things I wanted and none of the things I didn't(like excessive needles, and yelling nurses)).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes, it can be disappointing. While I didn't want to have a homebirth, I wanted to give birth at a birthing center. I wanted to have minimal interventions and went through Bradley training (both of my siblings were Bradley births).

I was induced a week early due to my risk status and being on lovenox (actually Heparin by that point). I had not made any progress prior to induction, and of course ended up with a c-section because the induction didn't work. After speaking with my peri, I had agreed that the 39-week induction was our safest course of action, so I was prepared for the possibility that I would have an intervention-filled birth as a result. And I did.

Even though I am a proponent of natural child birth, home births, and birthing centers, I am at peace with the path my pregnancy and birthing experience took. I have a healthy 10-month old baby. And I am healthy, too.

I think there is a reason why birthing centers won't take cases such as mine. Even they believe that it is a good idea, under some circumstances, for mother and baby to be monitored more closely--and to be in a situation where an emergency c-section can be performed at a moments notice if need be, and mother can get immediate medical attention if something goes wrong with her, as well.

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"