D.C. Area Babies
Options

Looking for a midwife in Alexandria, VA

Just found out that I was pregnant yesterday!!!  I would like to use a practice that includes midwifes.  I am not interested in home births, but would like to have a midwife deliver my baby in a hospital.  Does anyone have a recommendation?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Looking for a midwife in Alexandria, VA

• Options

There is BirthCare in Alexandria which is a birthing center with midwives. They can deliver in their birth center, but I do not think they have privileges at the hospital. 

Then there is Whitney Pinger who delivers at the hospital, but is a midwife and interested in all natural birth.

There is Family Health and Birth Center in DC, and they can deliver either in their center or they have privileges at the nearby hospital.  (My husband and I did not feel comfortable with this center)

Here is a forum link that talks about the three:

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/57035.page 

Doula, mama and student prego with number 2. Yay! www.endeavorsin.com
  • Options
    oh, and congrats!!!!!!
    Doula, mama and student prego with number 2. Yay! www.endeavorsin.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats!!

I go to Physicians and Midwives.  They have a bunch of offices, but there are 2 in Alexandria- one in Kingstowne and one at Seminary and Kenmore Ave.  They deliver at Alexandria.  I have been going to them since I first became pregnant with Mackenzie.  they have seen me through 3 losses and 3 successful pregnancies.  With the exception of 1 dr (who is easy to not have appointments with and he was never on call any time I was in the hospital) everyone is really great. 

Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • Options
    Thanks!  I was thinking of going with them before I even posted.  Made my appointment today!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagespecial382:

Congrats!!

I go to Physicians and Midwives.  They have a bunch of offices, but there are 2 in Alexandria- one in Kingstowne and one at Seminary and Kenmore Ave.  They deliver at Alexandria.  I have been going to them since I first became pregnant with Mackenzie.  they have seen me through 3 losses and 3 successful pregnancies.  With the exception of 1 dr (who is easy to not have appointments with and he was never on call any time I was in the hospital) everyone is really great. 

I just delivered in July with Physicians and Midwives and really loved the Midwive that delivered our little guy, Patrice. I know what you mean about that one doctor. I have a feeling we are thinking of the same person.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards