Parenting after 35

Going to see an endocrinologist

I am sure everything is fine, but Keegan is not gaining enough when it comes to weight & height.  Just for precaution his pedi is referring us, so we can rule out stuff ; (

If it was just weight they would not worry since he is so active.  They know it's not diet.. he eats like a champ. So they are thinking possibly hormones.

He is just so tiny, especially compared to my older boys at this age & they were in the 5-15 %.  The good news is he seems just fine developmentally.

Adding to my emotionally craptastic week!

Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09

Re: Going to see an endocrinologist

• :( Good luck to you and your little guy at the endocrinologist!
  • Good luck!

But I'm always a bit skeptical about all of these tests.  Are you and your hubby "smallish" people?  To me, that's a big factor to consider and it seems like the doctors tend to overlook the obvious and want to get right to testing for problems that don't exist.  Some kids are just small kids, just like some are big.  That's what makes people so unique!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagersd12:

He is just so tiny, especially compared to my older boys at this age & they were in the 5-15 %. 

Is he on the chart? Maybe he is just like your other boys and he is just small. Have either of the older ones caught up yet or are they still on the smaller side?

Hugs though. It sucks that you have to do any "ruling out". Hope everything turns out great.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrideBuddies:

Good luck!

But I'm always a bit skeptical about all of these tests.  Are you and your hubby "smallish" people?  To me, that's a big factor to consider and it seems like the doctors tend to overlook the obvious and want to get right to testing for problems that don't exist.  Some kids are just small kids, just like some are big.  That's what makes people so unique!!!!!

Trust me, I get what you are saying.

I am expecting my kids to get their height from me - yes I am short ; ) 5' 2" & so is most of my family, on the other hand my husband's family is all 6' & over!  & they don't gain weight & don't have to work hard to keep it off(damn them). 

The only thing is he is dropping off the chart when it comes to weight & height.  Not slowly gaining, not staying steady.  While I am quite skeptical - I have some concerns.. he eats so much - more than my 2 yr old eats daily & is not gaining weight????

• imagedaisydana:
    imagersd12:

He is just so tiny, especially compared to my older boys at this age & they were in the 5-15 %. 

Is he on the chart? Maybe he is just like your other boys and he is just small. Have either of the older ones caught up yet or are they still on the smaller side?

Hugs though. It sucks that you have to do any "ruling out". Hope everything turns out great.

He is not on the chart & was not at his 9 month either & the curve (which I know might mean nothing) is going down. 

The older boys have caught up or atleast appear average. 

• uck, i'm sorry to hear this; hopefully it's just that you've got a little peanut on your hands!

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww, hope it will all be OK!
  • I hope everything is OK. (((HUGS)))

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I'm sorry about that, I hope you get some answers and that it's nothing. Maybe he's just a late bloomer and will catch up with the other kids later on.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"