Parenting after 35

aw: First family picture

I'm trying to get my portfolio built up enough to do more photography on the side, so last weekend we went out to the Great Salt Lake with a big group of our friends and had a picnic/mini photoshoot.

We ate and visited and I took a ton of pictures for each of their families. One of the guys brought his camera too, and offered to take some of us. I handed off my camera to his 11 year old son for safe keeping, and this was the result. (from the 11 yo, not from the Dad!)

I tweaked the color a tiny bit in post production, but this is seriously better than all the pictures DH and I have ever hired anyone to take. And it was taken by an 11 yo with the camera set to auto! I Love it!

Re: aw: First family picture

• love it times a billion!!!!!
  • It is gorgeous!!!

DH and I are FINALLY going to get portraits/pics done.  Our budget is tight, so it's going to be the Picture People in the mall. Better than nothing, IMO.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Very cool with the bubbles. That 11-year old has some great photography skills.
  • I love this! Look at him tilting his head sideways to see the bubbles!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is a wonderful pic.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagerobynlesley:

It is gorgeous!!!

DH and I are FINALLY going to get portraits/pics done.  Our budget is tight, so it's going to be the Picture People in the mall. Better than nothing, IMO.

If you were local I'd totally take some for you! My opinion is anything is better than nothing. I also love snapshots because they have a memory attached to them, where not all portraits do. If you have a community college nearby that is a great resource for inexpensive pictures. A lot of students will take pics for next to nothing just to build up their portfolio...

• That is a gorgeous picture!!
  • I would swear a professional took this! It is awesome! Tell that 11 year old to keep taking pictures.

I do have a photography background & want to take as much myself as I could. I got myself a wireless shutter release for my Canon 20D. You can easily hide it in your hand as you shoot, of course you;ll need to set up camera on tripod & pre-position everyone then jump in & shoot away.

• That is a beautiful picture! I love the bubbles.
  • that is so cool
  • that boy has skills! What a fun picture!
    Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The picture is gorgeous!!
  • That's an awesome picture, I love the bubbles!!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • imagefiazo:

I would swear a professional took this! It is awesome! Tell that 11 year old to keep taking pictures.

I do have a photography background & want to take as much myself as I could. I got myself a wireless shutter release for my Canon 20D. You can easily hide it in your hand as you shoot, of course you;ll need to set up camera on tripod & pre-position everyone then jump in & shoot away.

Ohhh, good idea! I have the 10D (thats what this pic was taken with) and love it, but I'm always a little sad that 90% of the pictures are him alone or with DH since I'm always behind the camera! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"