TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Wedding Stuff (NTTCALR)

I want to get a wedding present for BF, but I am at a loss. What do I get him? Can I ask what you guys did?
Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section

Re: Wedding Stuff (NTTCALR)

• Mine is probably corny, sappy and stupid. But, I bought him a framed poem about what he meant to me and what him being my husband meant to me.  Funny enough though, he bought me the same one but to his wife.  They are hanging in our bedroom, still 10 years later! :)
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • I bought him a watch and had it engraved.  Not super original, I fear :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I did the watch thing too haha. 

However, does he have hobbies? DH got me a hot pink electric guitar instead of a necklace or something and that was AWESOME! 

• Oooh! He doesn't wear jewelry because his hands are strange and swell up sometimes. It was a battle to find a band that he felt comfortable in. I do like the watch idea, but he'd never wear it :(

I love the poem idea!

And his hobbies? Cars, trucks, trucks, cars :)

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Is there anything sentimental to him?  Or something that represents your relationship?  Of course anything you present to him is going to be cherished for a lifetime.

I didn't DH anything he could keep.  He loves butterflies (don't laugh) and they symbolize a new life from an old one (and many other things). At the end of our ceremony I presented a lauhala box to him.  He opened it and about 25 or more butterflies were released.  He was so surprised and the look on his face was priceless.  One even hung out with us the entire evening on our centerpiece.  It was really cool.

Took out pic... you know so psycho can't use it

• Kona~you look so lovely in that picture!! And his face is hilarious!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCarrieLeigh84:
    I want to get a wedding present for BF, but I am at a loss. What do I get him? Can I ask what you guys did?

I just did a card, but I felt like a complete ass when he got me a beautiful necklace and this little Coach wallet thing I wanted and he remembered. I wish I had gotten him an actual gift, you know?

What about a really nice keychain, engraved with a message? If he loves cars & trucks, well he always needs a set of keys :)

• I am kind of a cheese ball, I love to travel and DH wants to-but hadn't started so much. So I bought him a really nice globe. The kind where all the countries are different stones.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my goodness! I love that, Kona!
  • Dh and I got married in Autumn too and we had a poem called Love, Autumnal framed as a gift to ourselves (we didn't do individual gifts to each other.) We liked the poem because the jist of it is that love that happens in spring and summer is easy because nature is a alive and blooming and the sun is shining but love that happens in autumn is the truest of all loves because that is when nature is dying.

Love Autumnal

by Oliver Jenkins

My love will come in autumn-time
    When leaves go spinning to the ground
    And wistful stars in heaven chime
    With the leaves' sound.

Then, we shall walk through dusty lanes
    And pause beneath low-hanging boughs,
    And there, while soft-hued beauty reigns
    We'll make our vows.

Let others seek in spring for sighs
    When love flames forth from every seed;
    But love that blooms when nature dies
    Is love indeed!

• imageBabyMimi:

Love Autumnal

by Oliver Jenkin

My love will come in autumn-time
    When leaves go spinning to the ground
    And wistful stars in heaven chime
    With the leaves' sound.

Then, we shall walk through dusty lanes
    And pause beneath low-hanging boughs,
    And there, while soft-hued beauty reigns
    We'll make our vows.

Let others seek in spring for sighs
    When love flames forth from every seed;
    But love that blooms when nature dies
    Is love indeed!

love it! 

• I got him a silver beer mug with his name and our wedding date engraved on it.
  • DH was a huge Dolphins fan growing up & idolized Dan Marino.  So I got him a Dan Marino signed football!  :)  

Is there something you can do to his car--like get some graphics on it or something?  (I don't know if he likes that stuff, or how much it costs, so this may not be a good idea after all!)  

P.S.  I totally agree--Kona, you're gorgeous!  And I love the poem, too! 

• I got Josh a watch, too. He never wears it except for special occasions, but he really loved it.

Carrie, I think anything you pick will be awesome! XOXO

• Not really a 'gift' but I had his ring engraved to surprise him... not terribly romantic. It said, Put me back on.

If you want to visit total sappy-ville. For our first married Valentine's Day I gave him a nice leather box with 365 notecards inside - one for each day of the year. I wrote one reason why I love him on each. Everything from the sweetly sentimental to "nice butt".  I know... shamefully cheesy Embarrassed

This might work with any sentimental truck/car stuff... For his birthday I got his 1st marathon ribbon, a medal from another one, a photo of him crossing at the Marine Corp finish line, the micro chip from his tennis shoes, etc. and took it to a professional to assemble in one of those window box thingys.

• I got DH martini cuff links. He got me a camcorder.

* PG #1 2/26/09: mm/c 4/14/09 at 10w4d | PG #2 8/5/09: mm/c 9/29/09 at 11w3d (boy) * 
    * CP's 4/14/10, 9/1/10, 4/19/11, 5/24/11, 10/14/13, 11/16/13 *
    * Ectopic 1/17/14 - nothing on u/s at 6w4d * 
    * PG #7 BFP 12/21/11 - DD born 8/31/12 * 
    * DH Dx'd with balanced translocation in 2011 *

• imagebabygirlpriest:

Not really a 'gift' but I had his ring engraved to surprise him... not terribly romantic. It said, Put me back on.

::dies:: that is just the best engraving ever! 

• I bought an engraved pocket knife (swiss army does that).  Not all the original, but guys are hard to buy for!
  • imagesurfergirlkona:
    imagebabygirlpriest:

Not really a 'gift' but I had his ring engraved to surprise him... not terribly romantic. It said, Put me back on.

DH wrote the words to the song performed at our wedding. I engrave his ring with that.

From the beginning we established who was the girl in the marriage.

• imagebabygirlpriest:
    imagesurfergirlkona:
    imagebabygirlpriest:

DH wrote the words to the song performed at our wedding. I engrave his ring with that.

Hahaha oh I love you, KP

• Um.

I bought him a signed hockey puck.

(Sooooo romantic).

• We didn't do gifts!

Love everybody else's ideas, especially the "put me back on" ring!

• What about a compass with an engraving that says something like  "So you will always know where to find me"  I think I said something to DH like when you get lost use this too find your way back to me.  It was sappy but he loved it. 
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • I got DH a set of golf clubs, tees, a gift certificate for a round of golf, and personalized golf balls.  They had a stick figure with a ball and chain on them.  He loved them!
  • I got dh an engraved watch. Not that original but he still wears it.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• I got Dh a tree.  We owned the house we lived at.  While we don't live there anymore and the new owner won't let us dig up the tree, it's still neat to drive by it when we're in the area.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Sooo...DH and I had decided that we weren't getting each other gifts but at out rehearsal dinner he surprised me with this beautiful necklace. I felt so bad that I didn't have anything for him. So I rush ordered some nice cufflinks for him to wear with his initials. Not the greatest gift but anyway that is what I did.
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebabygirlpriest:
    imagesurfergirlkona:
    imagebabygirlpriest:

This is fantastic.

We didn't get each other anything. 

• I got DH a pair of cuff links that you put photos in and I put a picture of his late father and his best friend that had passed away the year before. That way they were "with him". I also got him a movado because they the ones he thinks of when he thinks of a nice watch. 
  • imagesuntoto:
    What about a compass with an engraving that says something like  "So you will always know where to find me"  I think I said something to DH like when you get lost use this too find your way back to me.  It was sappy but he loved it. 

I love this idea!!

You could say "You are my True North" 

• I got him 3 gifts, with "open 1st/2nd/3rd" on each. The first was a watch (With a note that said "so you're on time") 2nd, dress socks (note: "in case you get cold feet") 3rd, a sterling flask and shot glass set with our wedding date engraved on it (note: "for if you get *really* cold feet!")

• We bought a gift together - our bulldog bananas.  Best gift either of us has ever gotten.

Good luck making your decision - so many good ideas here!

• You could always take boudoir photos of yourself (sexy photos.) That is a very popular gift for husbands on their wedding day in my area; lots of photographers are doing it.
  • I got my hubs an xbox 360...Silly I know but he had been wanting one for awhile but thought I wouldn't let him have one...So I bought him one and a few games...
  • I did a wine opener kit thingie with all the goodies and a case of his fav. wine that he can only get from where he lives.
  • imagebabygirlpriest:

This may be the most awesome thing ever in the history of ever.  I love that. 

DH and I decided not to exchange gifts. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"