North Carolina Babies

f/u - Kohl's Card Rave!

I think Hughes posted about this a few weeks ago, but I wanted to follow up. I finally got a Kohl's card, despite being fairly anti-store credit cards (& most CC in general) and I'm loving it!

They ended up having this crazy-expensive watch that DH wanted for his birthday. There was no way that we could have afforded it regularly, but it was on sale 30% off and then I had an additional 30% coupon which brought it down to less than half the original price!

Plus I earned lots of Kohl's Cash since it was a bigger ticket item. The most exciting part is my 30% coupon doesn't run out until after my Kohl's Cash is good, so I'll be able to combine them and get good deals for myself! Just wanted to share :)

ETA: I think it's important to note that this CC should be paid off in full every month b/c the rate is over 20% - yikes!! I'm pretty sure you can use your card, then turn around and write a check to pay it off at the register. Just wanted to add a responsibility disclaimer!

Re: f/u - Kohl's Card Rave!

• Awesome!  That's why we have one, just for the discounts! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow! 60% off? That's awesome!  I've yet to apply for one, but I plan on it!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Hmmm.. its been ages since I've had a store CC, but I might have to look into this too!  Great deals! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got my 30% off coupon in the mail a few days ago and I'm putting my wish list of things together to buy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrsHughesNC:
    Wow! 60% off? That's awesome!  I've yet to apply for one, but I plan on it!

The Math Teacher in me has to interject here...it's not the same as 60% off. You get 30% off the original and then 30% off the sale price.

Example: If you were buying a $100 item, then 60% off you would pay $40 total.

However, with the coupons stacked you would pay $49 because
    $100 - $30(which is 30% of $100) = $70 = 30% off original
    $70 - $21(which is 30% of $70) = $49 = 30% off sale price

I hope that makes sense & I didn't want people to go to Kohl's with incorrect expectations. 

• imageBackthePack:

imageMrsHughesNC:
    Wow! 60% off? That's awesome!  I've yet to apply for one, but I plan on it!

The Math Teacher in me has to interject here...it's not the same as 60% off. You get 30% off the original and then 30% off the sale price.

Example: If you were buying a $100 item, then 60% off you would pay $40 total.

However, with the coupons stacked you would pay $49 because
    $100 - $30(which is 30% of $100) = $70 = 30% off original
    $70 - $21(which is 30% of $70) = $49 = 30% off sale price

I hope that makes sense & I didn't want people to go to Kohl's with incorrect expectations. 

Touche'! Smile That makes perfect sense.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I actually had the 30% off coupon too and $20 in Kohl's cash and I was excited that they overlapped. But I think that they calculate it differently when you use them both together for a purchase. My puchase total was $25.42 yesterday with the coupon. I handed over my $20 in Kohl's cash and then my purchase total was $10 and some change. So I think they work it so that you can't use both together? I haven't had time to look at the receipt but just wanted to warn you I didn't get as good a deal as I expected. It was still good at $10 though!
  • MrsN - I had $10 in Kohls Cash during that purchase and I'm pretty sure they take the sales price, then any Kohls cash, and then the coupon b/c it works out best for them that way.

It's still a good deal! 

• I've been thinking about it, bc of all the clothes I get for Allie theree.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate store cards, but I caved for the Kohls one too...I've found some awesome deals. I originally got it, and got a Fisher Price Papasan swing for $69 shipped, a bouncy seat for $12 and some other baby things.

On their website they have a good amt of baby stuff that isn't in stores, some strollers, carseats, etc that can be excellent deals. I like their site better than the store. And their return policy is excellent too.,

M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • imageBackthePack:

MrsN - I had $10 in Kohls Cash during that purchase and I'm pretty sure they take the sales price, then any Kohls cash, and then the coupon b/c it works out best for them that way.

It's still a good deal! 

I agree it is definitely still a good deal!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"