Hawaii Babies

Annoyed with MH! (vent)

I know it's just my hormones going, but I'm just really annoyed with him right now.  Maybe even a little jealous. 

For some reason in the past couple of weeks he has been waking up early in the am before work to go run the treadmill.  Normally I would think this is obviously a great idea and good for him, but I'm a little butthurt that he decides to do this while I'm getting fatter by the minute and have ZERO energy to get on the treadmill myself :(  I know I need to be more motivated to get on the treadmill, but I seriously have no energy.

Maybe I need to just get out of bed (since I can't sleep anyway) and get on the treadmill and use MH's good habits as my own motivation, but I'm just so angry and annoyed that he would do this routine now when at this point I feel the most insecure about myself...KWIM?  Am I totally throwing a fit for no reason?  Did anyone else feel this way or go through a similiar situation?

Ok, my baby tantrum throwing is now over....I feel like such a brat for even thinking this way :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
| Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
| Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |

Re: Annoyed with MH! (vent)

• When I was about 5 months pregnant, MH decided to announce every morning how "fat" he was getting, and that "we need to eat better."  He had gained a few pounds along with me, and I think was feeling self-conscious about it.  I understood his insecurity, but I, too, had to ask him not to go around saying how fat he felt because it hurt my feelings.  And as far as "eating better".... well, if I wanted ice cream, I got ice cream darnit!  He didn't have to partake along with me if he didn't want to!

I think daddies-to-be often suddenly feel this sense of mortality and want to get in shape for the upcoming arrival.  Which is great, but he might need a reminder of how this makes you feel, so he might be able to tone it down a bit.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMauiBride2008:
    Maybe I need to just get out of bed (since I can't sleep anyway) and get on the treadmill and use MH's good habits as my own motivation

it's understandable to feel the way that you do but i like this idea that you bring up :) and just remember that the weight you are gaining is good for the baby - your body is putting away stores so that you have enough for baby after he/she is born. it is sooo hard not to feel self conscious when you are PG and gaining weight but try to embrace it as much as you can and know that YH doesn't see you as fat...he sees you as the beautiful woman that is carrying his child :)

• Loading the player...
  • Aww, don't feel bad for feeling this way--I would feel the same! I wouldn't start a new strenuous exercise regime while pg (it's generally not recommended) but if you want to start some light exercising, then it's good for your health and the baby's health. Maybe you and YH can do something together, like taking a walk or going for an easy hike somewhere? Or if it's hot where you guys are (we're going through a heat wave right now where I am), then swimming feels really good when you're pg =) MH and I went a few times but then I was so nauseous during my whole pg that I ended up not going anymore =P
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Awww, thanks ladies!  I feel like such a brat and a big baby for even thinking this way, but I hate how it irks me like that. 

When I got home from work yesterday I did get on the treadmill and start walking ;)  Once MH came home I started talking to him about how I felt and he did suggest we start going on walks together while the weather is still nice.  His thought was he just wants to be healthy and start being active for when the LO gets here.  I can get that.

Thanks for listening to my unnecessary tantrum, I will try no to do that again Stick out tongue

| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • No problem, we're happy to listen.  We've all been there!!

I have a friend who started that when she was pg and now the baby is 5 months old and they still go for walks together everynight (now, with the baby in a carrier).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"