Blended Families

going to the beach as planned all week or watching ss football game

We planned to take our 11month son to the beach for his 1st time on Sunday. All week we were planning since the weather was going to be in the 100's for the last weekend this year. We bought a seat for our bikes to take him in and were pretty excited the whole week. On Sunday morning my FIL calls my hubby and tells him that SS has a football game at 3pm. My hubby tells me and I feel irritated because SS didn't tell us in advance or at all. I didn't want to cancel our plans so I told him we can leave earlier then planned so we can get home earlier to go watch the game. Ofcoarse we took really long to do everything and came home too late to go to the game. I feel bad because hubby really wanted to go. At the same time it's frustrating that we would have to change our plans to do last minute things. Am I wrong?
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: going to the beach as planned all week or watching ss football game

• Eh, it's always irritating when plans change, regardless of the reason. But why is FIL calling to tell your H about his son's football game? Why would SS (how old is he) be responsible for relaying that info?

• Next time, get the son's football schedule when it comes out.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Football season just started. Just make sure you go to enough games he doesn't feel slighted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why didn't you already have his Football schedule? Why was it your FIL that had to relay the info? And how old is ss? Children shouldn't have to be the ones to tell you what they have going on. You and your DH are the adults, why are you expecting ss to tell you? And FWIW, I don't think I could plan a fun day at the beach and not include my ss. I don't know your circumstance but that's just me. Did he opt to not go? My ss would have been terribly hurt by that.
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • How old is your SS and why is HE responsible for telling you when games are held? Also, why is your FIL telling you all when he has a game?

I suggest getting with a coach and getting a copy of the schedule.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • SS is 13 years old. I belive he is old enough to relay the info. It was his second game. The ones before were scrimage and the schedule wasn't avalable yet. Yes I will make sure we go to enough in the future so that it makes up for it thanks ladies.
  • imageloriedy:
    SS is 13 years old. I belive he is old enough to relay the info. It was his second game. The ones before were scrimage and the schedule wasn't avalable yet. Yes I will make sure we go to enough in the future so that it makes up for it thanks ladies.

Well, just so long as your kids know who's important.  Glad it worked out.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imagekaratechrissy:
    Why didn't you already have his Football schedule? Why was it your FIL that had to relay the info? And how old is ss? Children shouldn't have to be the ones to tell you what they have going on. You and your DH are the adults, why are you expecting ss to tell you? And FWIW, I don't think I could plan a fun day at the beach and not include my ss. I don't know your circumstance but that's just me. Did he opt to not go? My ss would have been terribly hurt by that.

So if SS can't make it you will sit home with DD despite the fact that SS may be at the water park with BM?

OP why couldn't you make it home on time for the game?  However I personally would have went to the beach.  I am sure his BM attended and FIL so whats the big deal?  As long as your DH attends some games you are good.  Hell BOTH my parents never attended sports event, it was always one or the other.  

It was sh!tty for your DH to have to choose BUT that is the joys of being in a BF sometimes.  I don't see why everyone thinks SS automatically wins out because he is, well a SS.

Also 13 is old enough to tell you he has a game.  Have your DH talk to him and explain you guys didn't know and will make the next one.

Hope DS enjoyed the beach. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekaratechrissy:
    Why didn't you already have his Football schedule? Why was it your FIL that had to relay the info? And how old is ss? Children shouldn't have to be the ones to tell you what they have going on. You and your DH are the adults, why are you expecting ss to tell you? And FWIW, I don't think I could plan a fun day at the beach and not include my ss. I don't know your circumstance but that's just me. Did he opt to not go? My ss would have been terribly hurt by that.

So if SS can't make it you will sit home with DD despite the fact that SS may be at the water park with BM?

OP why couldn't you make it home on time for the game?  However I personally would have went to the beach.  I am sure his BM attended and FIL so whats the big deal?  As long as your DH attends some games you are good.  Hell BOTH my parents never attended sports event, it was always one or the other.  

It was sh!tty for your DH to have to choose BUT that is the joys of being in a BF sometimes.  I don't see why everyone thinks SS automatically wins out because he is, well a SS.

Also 13 is old enough to tell you he has a game.  Have your DH talk to him and explain you guys didn't know and will make the next one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePhantomgirl:

imagekaratechrissy:

I know, both my parents (which are married) never really attended my games when I was in jr high or high school and it wasn't the end of the world! I was totally ok with it.  I feel like because he's a SS we HAVE to go to everything and if we don't my hubby is a "deadbeat dad" and I'm an "evil stepmother"

• imageloriedy:
    imagePhantomgirl:

imagekaratechrissy:

I know, both my parents (which are married) never really attended my games when I was in jr high or high school and it wasn't the end of the world! I was totally ok with it.  I feel like because he's a SS we HAVE to go to everything and if we don't my hubby is a "deadbeat dad" and I'm an "evil stepmother"

You're using your parents uninvolvement as justification?  Did you not wonder as a kid why mom and dad weren't showing up for you?

• imageJ&A2008:
    imageloriedy:
    imagePhantomgirl:

imagekaratechrissy:

You're using your parents uninvolvement as justification?  Did you not wonder as a kid why mom and dad weren't showing up for you?

No I'm not using it as justification, I'm using it as an example. No I didnt wonder, sometimes my mom was just at home cooking and dad at work or at home resting and it wasn't a big deal to me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"