South Florida Babies
Options

Update, from home

I was in L&D for about 3 hours being monitored.  Turns out I wasn't haven't contractions, at least none the monitor picked up.  I was given 2 bags of IV just to see if they make me feel better (based on urine sample, I was well hydrated).  

After first bag I still had the pain, so I was given a shot (trabo...) to relax the muscles.  Eventually, it did.

Both babies were doing great the whole time, with tons of movement.  I never finished the 2nd bag of IV... I was released since I felt better.

However, I guess the "stress" of walking to the car and sitting up in the car on the way home has caused the cramping (to a lesser degree) to return.  I have an appt tomorrow AM so let's see what OB says. 

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Update, from home

• Options

If it means anything - I get this cramping often. Drinking water usually helps, but I find that I experience it if something tends to stress me out OR she is sitting really low. I also experience it when I start going through a bit of a growth spurt - like a round ligament type of pain. I've called my midwife in a panic over it and she usually tells me to lay down and relax.

Glad the boys are ok! Just try and take it easy :) Feel better! 

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Jackie, I'm so glad to see you and the boys are home! Good thing it doesn't seem that these were contractions. To be honest, the way you described it as "constant", although possible, it didn't sound like a contraction. because having a "constant" cramp being a contraction could be scary - i had 5 contractions so close together during labor and it made me have a constant tightening of my uterus which made me dilate from 5 to 10cm in 2 minutes. did they do an internal by curiosity? In reality, your body is undergoing so many changes and you are carrying 2 little ones and so it doesn't surprise me you will be feeling some heavy sensations in your pelvic region. I am so happy things are ok and  I hope the cramping eases up. of course, if you feel like you are feeling excess cramping or contractions, do make sure you get checked out! keep us posted on what your Ob says. xoxo

laura 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad everything was okay with the boys and you were feeling better.  Hopefully if you can rest, the pain will stop.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Poor Jackie :( I'm sorry you have to go through all this craziness. Though I'm just glad it wasn't contractions and your all doing well. Definitely keep us posted on what the obgyn says today. Take care my friend.
  • Options

So glad to hear everything is OK for the moment. I hope your OB appointment goes well.

• Options

I'm  glad everything is o.k. with the boys and that you are feeling better. Good Luck at the OB's office this morning. Keep us posted. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Options
    Glad to hear everything is okay!  I hope the cramping goes away and that your OB has a better solution for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update, Jackie! I am glad the boys are OK but sucks that you have been having cramps so bad they sent you to L&D. I hope the OB helps you out! *hugs*
  • Options
    Sorry to hear The cramps are back.. I hope the lil guys stay in there for a few more days! GL at your dr apt tomorrow.

My Blog: One Project at a Time Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Chart
    CP 05/09
    BFP on 7/26/09 - M/C 8/13/09 @ 7 Wks
    BFP on 10/28/09 - M/C 11/9/09 @ 5 Wks 2 Days
    1/25/10 - RPL results everything normal but have low Progesterone
    BFP on 06/09/10 - EDD 02/20/2011
  • Options
    I'm glad everything is okay! It sucks that you had to go through the scare though:( I know cramping is VERY common when dehydrated, so hopefully it was just that. Keep drinking lots of water! And you are in the final stretch so maybe sitting up all day at work and not being able to put your feet up and driving, etc. is taking its toll on your body now. ::hugs:: I hope everything goes well at the OB!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrs.ClariC:
    I'm glad everything is okay! It sucks that you had to go through the scare though:( I know cramping is VERY common when dehydrated, so hopefully it was just that. Keep drinking lots of water! And you are in the final stretch so maybe sitting up all day at work and not being able to put your feet up and driving, etc. is taking its toll on your body now. ::hugs:: I hope everything goes well at the OB!

The thing is that I DO drink tons of water... prob 120 oz just at work... and another 2 water bottles at home, daily!  I can't sleep at night due to the constant need to go potty.  LOL

When urine sample was collected, nurse was impressed by its lack of color.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Coming in a little late here, but I'm glad that you're back at home and resting. Thinking of you and your little bundles and praying they'll stay in just a little longer. ((hugs))
  • Options
    Am glad everything was okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"