Washington Babies
Options

Is this tacky?

I'm thinking about sending out an evite for C's first birthday party.  I love how easy it is to keep track of who's coming, but am wondering if I should go the extra mile and do the card thing?

I plan on doing thank you cards with his cake smash pictures.

Re: Is this tacky?

• Options
    Not tacky at all. Lots of people do it. I say go for it - save yourself the hassle of designing/printing/mailing/$$$.
  • Options

No it's not tacky.  I did that for 2nd and 3rd birthdays.  But the only reason I did a paper one for the 1st is so I had something to put in the baby book.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm, maybe I'll design a small one for the grandparents and baby book =)
  • Options
    I definitely dont think its tacky!   I wish I had done evites actually, it would have been a lot easier to keep track of who was coming!
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options

I don't think it's tacky. I personally like actual invites, but that is because I am crafty and like that type of thing, especially since a first birthday is a big deal. If you want to do a real one with a photo, just do something quick and easy and order it from Costco. I had the lovely PixelVixen design mine and then uploaded them to Office Depot (since they were an odd shape) and went from there. Either way, though, you can't go wrong.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not tacky, but paper invites and Excel kept me on top of it. 
  • Options
    Not tacky at all, everyone seems to do them these days. However I too like the physical invite in my hand/on the fridge too so if you think that some people would think it is tacky then just send them a physicl invite & the rest E-vites! 
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options
    imageMrsEditorJax:

I don't think it's tacky. I personally like actual invites, but that is because I am crafty and like that type of thing, especially since a first birthday is a big deal. If you want to do a real one with a photo, just do something quick and easy and order it from Costco.

All of this, with the added question - does everyone you're going to invite use email?  I wish that were true for me, but it's not :(  Grandparents, not so much.

• Options

I was worried about this too. I ended up creating a nice "save the date" card with date and time and "details to follow" and mailed and/or handed those out way in advance (since it was end of summer and all). It's cute enough for the baby book, grandparents and fridg adornment.

Then I followed up with an evite about a month before the party. And from the evite I could see who had not yet viewed and was able to get them the info another way. Party was Sunday and it worked great!

• Options
    imageIdahoGirl:
    imageMrsEditorJax:

I don't think it's tacky. I personally like actual invites, but that is because I am crafty and like that type of thing, especially since a first birthday is a big deal. If you want to do a real one with a photo, just do something quick and easy and order it from Costco.

All of this, with the added question - does everyone you're going to invite use email?  I wish that were true for me, but it's not :(  Grandparents, not so much.

Surprisingly, everyone except my brother's family I have an email address for =)  Even my grandma, who I receive those oh so popular forwarded messages about kitties...every day ;)

• Options
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:

No it's not tacky.  I did that for 2nd and 3rd birthdays.  But the only reason I did a paper one for the 1st is so I had something to put in the baby book.  :)

This! That's the only reason I did invites for R's 1st birthday.

• Options
    Definitely do it!  I think you can even upload your own picture so that you can still do  "picture" invite if you are in to that!
    M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11
  • Options

Not tacky at all.  I actually prefer evites now because I can keep track of things more easily, as a host and an attendee.

But, I get the sentimental value of an actual invite too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not tacky at all. I think evites are the way to go
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"