Northern California Babies

Teen Mom (Spoilers)

C'mon, you know you watched it!

I want to meet Amber in a dark alley and just beat the living sh!t out of her...seriously, wtf is wrong with that girl...she has some SERIOUS issues.  Leah needs a new environment stat!  I feel so sorry for that little girl..I just want to go rescue her.

I cried when Kassy was showing Sophia the photo book with pictures of her dad...so sad.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teen Mom (Spoilers)

• Amber has what appear to be deep-seeded anger issues and is very damaged.  I remember an episode where she was put on anti-depressants and I wonder if she is being monitored on them.  She is cruel to her daughter.  She sits there not interacting with her at all and then is angry when the baby gets into something.  If that's how she behaves in front of the camera, I hate to see what she does when they aren't there.  I know that everything on a show like that is subject to editing, but it is heartbreaking to see how dysfunctional that whole situation is. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OOOHHHH I am SO glad you posted this! I was thinking of doing it but forgot.

Amber.. WOW. Mouth drop open WOW. I seriously wish he would have called the police on her. I don't know where she gets off thinking she can beat up on people like that, even if he is the father of her child and she is a woman. It was WRONG. I know she would have done it too if Leah was right there. Not to mention I think she is a horrible Mom, but he isn't the greatest either.

I really like Maci and think shes doing a good job, I hope things work out for her.

I cried too when Kassy was showing Sophia the pictures and when her daughter was giving her hugs and kisses. I think it meant a lot to Farrah to hear that he wanted to be there. She obviously has issues, and a lot of anger over the way it all turned out. It would be nice for his family to be more involved. 

• Loading the player...
  • Just WOW when it comes to Amber. Indifferent 

Did you hear Farrah's mom on the phone after Farrah had the visit with Kassy? Farrah told her how it was emotional for her and she was sad, and her mom told her something like, that was the whole reason she doesnt want Farrah to even interact with his family. It will be too hard for her. Yeah, but Sophia has every right to that family and get to know them if they want that too. 

Sad that Tyler and Catelynn didnt graduate on time, but happy for them that kept positive and still plan to graduate. :) 

Maci is awesome. 

• I just couldn't stomach the last episode because of Amber's abusive behavior. The way she was screaming... ugh. It's bad enough that she abuses the boyfriend, but doing it to/in fron of Leah it just disgusts me. I hope she gets serious help.

Also, Catelynn's whole story just makes me sad.

• I can't believe Amber. She has some serious issues. You can tell she's got real anger issues that need to be dealt with immediately, but I can kind of see where they might come from. She said she wouldn't be with Gary if they didn't have Leah, so she's probably angry at Gary for #1 being able to do th things she feels she's sacrificing (high school diploma, etc.) and she resent Leah because if Leah wasn't around, she wouldn't be with Gary. But I think she likes having that control over Gary because no matter how many times she throws him out, he keeps coming back. No matter what, I think Leah needs to be taken away from that situation ASAFP.

I really like Maci and I'm glad she's been mature about co-parenting with Ryan. Ryan needs to grow the eff up already.

Farrah has this huge chip on her shoulder and she uses it a lot. If her parents don't do what she wants, she cops an attitude and mouths off. She didn't want to have anything to do with Derek's family because they disapproved of the relationship. They are Sophia's family too, and they deserve to spend time with her. I'm glad Kassy and she did meet though. Maybe this will open up the door for more communication and family meetings.

• I can't say anymore about Amber than anyone else has. she makes me sick. Though, in people mag her interview said she now wears a promise ring as a promise to not be violent. So I hope that means she got help. She has extreme issues. And I cant believe Gary could stand there and take getting punched in the face and not hit back.

Farrah. I'm torn between thinking she is a huge *** and feeling sorry for her. She was never allowed to properly grieve, which is where so much of her anger comes from. I can understand that. I hope that now that they are in counseling she is able to grieve properly. 

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Amber makes me sick to my stomach, and all the PP's say exactly what was in my thoughts while watching her last night.  she needs to have the cops or CPS called on her so she can get help and deal with her anger!

I pretty much agree with what everyone said about the others as well, I do feel sad for Catelynn not graduating but glad she is still motivated to keep working on it

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • I completely agree with what everyone has said about Amber. I can't stand her. Also, why was poor Leah drinking electric blue juice out of a bottle.  That girl is going to be doomed if she stays in that toxic environment.

And Catelynn's situation makes me so sad. I just want to take her away from all that crap. Her mom really blows.

• imageMrsJulieT:
    I didn't watch the latest show but I've often wondered how Amber still has custody of her daughter. I mean they are video taping her and the way she treats her how can they not go yank that child out of the home.
    That's what I am always saying when the show is on...it's ridiculous! I can't believe no one has stepped in. I mean, she does all this in front of the camera...I can't even imagine how she behaves when the camera isn't there...totally scares me for that little girl.
  • imageSportyMrs.23:
    imageMrsJulieT:
    I didn't watch the latest show but I've often wondered how Amber still has custody of her daughter. I mean they are video taping her and the way she treats her how can they not go yank that child out of the home.
    That's what I am always saying when the show is on...it's ridiculous! I can't believe no one has stepped in. I mean, she does all this in front of the camera...I can't even imagine how she behaves when the camera isn't there...totally scares me for that little girl.

Who would/could step in?  Where would she go?  Who will take care of her if she's taken from the home?  What laws is Amber breaking?  Should Leah go to the foster system?  The already overtaxed foster system?  Do you think she'd be guaranteed a better home, more care, and less neglect in the average foster home?  Who pays for her foster care?

I haaaaate Amber and feel terrible for that sweet little girl...but sadly, I think there are so many like her out there and there just aren't enough resources to protect all children from the neglect and emotional abuse she's subjected to.  For every Leah, there are all those children actually being "yanked" from their homes whose situations are much, much worse.  It's sick.  And one of the worst things about cases like this is that unless she has access to (and an ability to recognize the benefit of) good mentors, educators, and social services in her life, she (statistically) doesn't stand much of a chance of not becoming an abusive, neglectful teen mother herself.  It's terribly sad, but common.

This is a general vent and just what I think about when I watch the show (all the non-famous babies in the same or worse situations), definitely not a personal attack on anyone here.  Just more sort of (depressing) food for thought.

Oh, and I haven't seen the last two episodes, so if she did something illegal I'm not aware of it.

I definitely agree, so sooo sad for that little girl though :( 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageStefandTodd:

imageSportyMrs.23:
    imageMrsJulieT:

Who would/could step in?  Where would she go?  Who will take care of her if she's taken from the home?  What laws is Amber breaking?  Should Leah go to the foster system?  The already overtaxed foster system?  Do you think she'd be guaranteed a better home, more care, and less neglect in the average foster home?  Who pays for her foster care?

I haaaaate Amber and feel terrible for that sweet little girl...but sadly, I think there are so many like her out there and there just aren't enough resources to protect all children from the neglect and emotional abuse she's subjected to.  For every Leah, there are all those children actually being "yanked" from their homes whose situations are much, much worse.  It's sick.  And one of the worst things about cases like this is that unless she has access to (and an ability to recognize the benefit of) good mentors, educators, and social services in her life, she (statistically) doesn't stand much of a chance of not becoming an abusive, neglectful teen mother herself.  It's terribly sad, but common.

This is a general vent and just what I think about when I watch the show (all the non-famous babies in the same or worse situations), definitely not a personal attack on anyone here.  Just more sort of (depressing) food for thought.

Oh, and I haven't seen the last two episodes, so if she did something illegal I'm not aware of it.

As sad as it is I definitely agree with everything you've said. As for Amber doing illegal things, she did get physivally abusive with Gary. What's amazing to me is people (the general public) don't view what she did as abuse because she's a tiny girl and Gary is a big guy. Seriously i can't imagine MTV getting away with airing a guy hitting his girlfriend like that. Interestingly, right after the scene where she was screaming and Gary took Leah away they had an ad for a domestic violence hotline.

• imageAnyaBella:
    imageStefandTodd:

imageSportyMrs.23:
    imageMrsJulieT:

As sad as it is I definitely agree with everything you've said. As for Amber doing illegal things, she did get physivally abusive with Gary. What's amazing to me is people (the general public) don't view what she did as abuse because she's a tiny girl and Gary is a big guy. Seriously i can't imagine MTV getting away with airing a guy hitting his girlfriend like that. Interestingly, right after the scene where she was screaming and Gary took Leah away they had an ad for a domestic violence hotline.

I don't understand why MTV hasn't stepped in and done something about the situation.  If someone gets hit on the Real World, etc., that person is kicked off the show.  This is someone's relationship and there is a kid involved, why haven't the producers done something about it?  And clearly, neither Amber or Gary have very good role models or people involved in their lives who care. 

Ideally, yes, I would love to see Leah taken from that situation because I do believe because of her "status", someone will step up and take care of her.  Sad, yes, I know, but this is MTV's opportunity to do something right and show this sad side of these type of relationships.  I also think one of the producers needs to step in and get Amber AND Gary into some counseling, both together (although I don't think their relationship will last) and separate, they both, clearly, have a ton of issues.

Ok, I'm done now.

• imageAnyaBella:

I guess I less meant illegal activity, and more meant something she can actually lose custody of her child for.  B/c it's actually pretty hard to lose custody of your kids.  I think Amber is probably an A+ parent compared to people losing their kids to the system...if that tells anyone something about the absolute hell some kids are living in :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageStefandTodd:
    imageAnyaBella:

I guess I less meant illegal activity, and more meant something she can actually lose custody of her child for.  B/c it's actually pretty hard to lose custody of your kids.  I think Amber is probably an A+ parent compared to people losing their kids to the system...if that tells anyone something about the absolute hell some kids are living in :(

Oh, yeah totally. Unfortunately I have experience with CPS both with extended family and as a teacher and it takes far far worse than anything Gary and Amber have done (at least on tv) to get them involved. Sad but true.

• imageAnyaBella:
    imageStefandTodd:
    imageAnyaBella:

Oh, yeah totally. Unfortunately I have experience with CPS both with extended family and as a teacher and it takes far far worse than anything Gary and Amber have done (at least on tv) to get them involved. Sad but true.

My BFF is a CPS worker for Alameda Co. and we watch the show together most of the time. It is NOT illegal to give your kid juice in a bottle, or let them cry in the crib while you go do whatever.. or yell at them, curse in front of them, or even spank them. Although for lots of us not great parenting choices, and not what we would do... it is not enough to have your child taken from you. It really is a lack of education for these girls, or lack of having great role models. That combined with a young age, makes it hard. It really comes down to how much people want law to control how they raise their kids.

However her hitting her boyfriend is not legal and she should be put in jail for it.  Maybe then she will have to go into a program for anger management and get help. I am shocked at how many people think it is OK for her to hit him like that because he is a guy, and bigger. He was abused as a child so he sits and takes it. If the tables were turned the police would be there, MTV would have stepped in.

I will say Maci who seems to be doing pretty good, seems to have great role models. Her family often sits down to eat dinner together, her parents are still together, they seem to be a great help for her. She is responsible. So it is not to say that ALL teen Mom's are like Amber, it is just about the combo they are coming from I think. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"