Indiana Babies

Mary Beth

Hey! I'm just curious!  One of my good friends is setting up a memorial library at her local NICU.  She lost her 2nd baby :(:(:( but is doing this in his name.  It's such an awesome idea. 

They can't share books for fear of germs, but, will "gift" each family a book.  She's doing it because her best memories with her baby were reading to him, and his stats would spike up so good when she was reading to him, she just couldn't believe it. 

They've raised so much money ($5000!) and are getting tons and tons of children's books b/c they are getting them at a discounted/wholesale price. Here's the blog post about it!

Anyways, I wondered if you'd ever heard of anything like that?  Does CN have a library?   I don't think St V's does.  

Ryan and I would still like to do something for St V but we don't know what yet.  We were thinking of donating money, but, this could be fun, although maybe take some coordination to set up. 

Anyway, I thought you might like to hear about this!  

Re: Mary Beth

• When I was at Kokomo, we had a books for babies literacy project in the club I sponsored.  Every new baby got a board book.  We got a good deal through a publisher as well.  That's awesome that she's doing it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is such a wonderful idea!  Kathy, let me know if you do something like that - I'd love to donate!
    image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelafelts80:
    That is such a wonderful idea!  Kathy, let me know if you do something like that - I'd love to donate!

I know! I told her it was really genius - what a way to remember and give back!

Okay, thanks!  We're saving our money and have to think about what we want to do :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"