Two Under 2

DD wont sleep now that DS is here...help!

I am crying because DD is crying and hasn't gone down to sleep since DS came home.  She used to be a great sleeper and suudenly fights going to sleep and wakes frequently.  We are at wits end...do we have to make her cry it out...I feel horrible and guilty that she id struggling, but no one is sleeping around here.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DD wont sleep now that DS is here...help!

• If it were my DS I would tend to him as much as I could. He is the type of kid that will get worse if I let him CIO. Plus with a new baby around I would want him to know I am there for him and not let him think the baby is here so he has to deal. Maybe she is trying to get your attention at night, and if you set aside special time with her alone during the day it will help. 

I hope you get some sleep sooon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i know its you this time...

have you kept her routine exactly the same as it was before J?  if not, i would suggest getting back to it.  when DS was born, DD definitely needed the consistency.  And, to be honest, we would definitely start letting her CIO.  we have had to a few times.  it sucks, but I know when DD is just trying to get us vs when she actually needs us.  for everyones sanity, i'd let her CIO.  sorry you're dealing w/ this.  hope it passes quickly no matter how you handle it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"